Difference in Connector fit between different color filaments

I am making a part that needs to be glued together so I designed some connectors in Fusion 360, the connector is printed attached to one side and the other side has the cavity. I was adjusting the tolerance so that it fit without wiggling, but without requiring much force to push it together. I got the fit perfect with some White Flashforge PLA Pro. I then printed it in Black Flashforge PLA Pro and the connectors wouldn’t fit, I had to add some more tolerance. I always dry my filament in a dryer and then vacuum seal it with dessicant, so I don’t think it is moisture related. I guess it might be related to the black pigment in the filament.

Any ideas?

Flow behavior can significantly differ with different color pigments even if the underlying virgin resin has the same composition so you may need to use slightly different customized filament flow and/or temp parameters for each color.

Did you run the manual or auto calibration routines for each filament in Bambu or Orca slicer first? After calibration make sure you slice the file with the calibrated filament profile selected. This should help with consistency between the colors when their K values are normalized.

Yes, I calibrated them, the K value was the same and the Flow rate was close but a little different.

Originally, I actually had the Black one set to a significantly higher flow rate (1.0444) based on a manual calibration I did. When I saw I had the fit issue, I thought I may have set the flow rate to high, so I set it to the auto-calibration value ( 0.989) I had from a calibration I had done before. It didn’t make a difference to the fit. The flow rate for the white is (0.959)