Different sheen lines on my outer walls - matte / shine WTH?!

Hello Community - I’m trying to identify an issue with these inconsistent glossy versus matte finish sheens visible as Lines on the outer walls. I reduced my cooling down to 50% and turned off the parts fan and raised the filament temperature to 220 with Black Overture PLA filament to achieve a higher sheen like I would get on my Prusa MK3S - and for the most part this has worked but I’m getting these lines along the outer walls in odd places that are not consistent or uniform and they are different finish and sheen. In BS I use the preview color scheme selection UI to see if there is a difference in flow, layer time, fan speed, temperature etc. and it shows consistent color through out the model for each of those selections.

I am not sure why this printer continues to challenge my patience and waste of filament.

I appreciate your input on what other settings I should look at.

Slow down the outer wall speed to 100 or less until it goes away.

As @mltriebe mentioned, this is likely due to changing print speeds.
PLA tends to become matte when printed at higher speeds.
You can verify this by switching the display mode at the dropdown in the top right corner of the “Preview” tab. Select “Speed”, there you should see the different areas that you also see on your print.
There are some settings you could play around with. First, try to disable the “slow printing for better layer cooling” in your filament settings. If that does not help, the next thing to try is print speed settings. They will also be the key to active a shiny/glossy finish.

If none of that helps, it might be a good idea to share your 3mf so that we can have a closer look.

This may help also.

2 Likes

Yes, do this, I’ve seen people report trying down to 50 with success, but 100 has worked for me.

It sounds like it should be more complicated, but speed while printing the outside wall is usually the answer.

You don’t need to slow the whole print down, just the visible outside wall.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi Guys - none of these are working when it comes to the through hole - I opened another thread as I wanted a fresh set of eyes on it - and I attached another picture there - there has to be something causing this that I can adjust. I am at a loss - I did open a ticket with support before CNY but I have not heard from them yet (probably due to the recall) and now they are out until after the 18th. Not sure if I will hear back.

Are you able to share the 3MF file so that we can have a look?