DIY BamBus Cable Splitter

As I said, I agree with you in principle, but you have to consider the context. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide what they build or create. Everyone is responsible for their own actions.

If you’re really serious about this, you should direct your concerns to MakerWorld about all projects involving electricity, even those using only 24 volts.

Are Bambu cares about that? No - you’ll find weapons and other dangerous items on MakerWorld. They’re hardly going to worry about relatively harmless 24V electricity.


Especially in the case of OP, who has already explicitly included a warning in his description - which is exactly what you want, and which is already there. Well, that kind of completely undermines your argument of “without proper safe guard precaution”:


I think you’ve lost sight of the fact that many people here do DIY projects. Safety? Important! I totally agree with you! But why talk down someone else’s project? Don’t get me wrong - I thought your warning was excellent - but anything beyond that just feels like a overkill from youre side.

But hey, that’s just my opinion - it doesn’t have to be right or wrong…

I am sorry, I didn’t read all of that red lines and jumped the gun. I withdraw my statement about that wiring stuff using tape.

I guess I am extra sensitive about proper electrical practice. I saw houses burn down because of bad wiring prectice and the owners just ignored the others warning.

  • …and that’s a good thing - keep it up. Your suggestion / first comment was really good, too. :+1:
  • …be sure to mention that next time, too. :+1:

But as I said, only the conclusion in the second comment was a bit over the top for my taste.

Is what I am hearing that the warning in my description is too much and may scare people away from it?

Not from my side, but maybe others will share their opinions, too. :+1: