DO NOT trust your AMS

If you open the gcode in notepad++ or something similar then you can search for the “T” gcode. In the example below, you can see it as T2. This means that it is using the 3rd filament slot, T0 being the first one.

M620 S2A ; switch material if AMS exist
M109 S220
G1 X120 F12000

G1 X20 Y50 F12000
G1 Y-3
T2
G1 X54 F12000
G1 Y265
M400

M621 S2A

4 Likes

I usually load the filament that I want to use if I am unsure if it will pick the proper one.

This way when I go-to print if it unload say slot three and tries for one I know something is screwy

I know, this is why I said I do it this way so I know that it is selected in prepare and under device I make sure it matches. This way I am assured it works

Mine started using the wrong spool right in the middle of a print. Now it constantly unloads back to the ams and requires me to push retry every time.

This is what we call a PICNIC.

Problem
In
Chair
Not
In
Computer (or AMS in this case)

User error bud.

1 Like

you got me mr big IQ. you so smert. i big dum. i smacsh keyboard it no print. waaaaaa. thank you.

Triggered.

Not unexpected.

obviously no one is as smart as you. You are gods gift to humanity. how do you handle being so important. you deserve to take over for musk and bezos. i cant believe they would deny your greatness.

Glad you recognize my greatness.

You’re still triggered. That’s unfortunate.

This happens to me too. I have had it happen a few times.
Most recently, Bambu Labs ASA black was in slot 1, I had off brand Carbon Fiber ASA black in slot 3. I changed settings to use slot 3 as “Generic ASA” because BL does’t have a setting for CF ASA, and it instead used BL ASA which was low, ran out, and refused to continue. This is a nightmare and I will continue forward by not having different types of filament in my AMS.

Have you synced the AMS with the slicer?

New X1Cer here and this happened to me just tonight. The same 4 filaments have been in my AMS for a few days now and I’ve been prototyping a multicolor product. Pretty much flawless (somehow, after many slot 3 pullback errors it’s been great for a couple days!). Today I replaced the filament in slot 4, and updated the values in the screen.

Came back to BS and did a sync. The project uses slots 1, 3, and 4. Well, first multicolor object up and the base color layers print fine, but then for some reason it grabs slot 2 when it should be grabbing slot 4. Slot 2 is not even used in this project file. So, very strange.

Yes, this same issue keeps happening to me; it’s been going on for about a year.

Example: I’ll select B1 filament while slicing, and then when I check on the print, it’s printing from A2. I’ll double-check in the slicer and then send the file to the printer. I manually selected B1 before printing. Then, upon returning 5 mins later, it will be A2 again. These aren’t the same filaments, the printer is just overriding my selection.

My A1 mini with AMS Lite has been doing this lately. I tried to print ONE color yesterday, it kept picking the WRONG filament slot over and over. I had to finally REMOVE the other 3 colors to stop it from accidentally picking those! I’ve re-synced the AMS lite several times, didn’t make a difference. I have made sure right-clicking the parts and picking the color. I had to restart 5 times until I finally removed all the other colors from the AMS lite! It happened to my print before this too. Is there a fix for this?!