Does P1P have AI?

I keep getting spaghetti with no sauce :stuck_out_tongue: Does this printer have AI?

1 Like

It doesn’t have a camera. Even if it has AI, it is still blind…

Mine does have the camera that it came with, so does it have it yes or no?

Stock the printer comes without a camera. Why would a printer without a camera be shipped with AI?

can someone else reply besides @Chris1974 ? Thank you.

2 Likes

If you keep getting failed prints it is firstly important to check your settings, if they are correct.
Did you set the correct printer?
Did you set the correct buildplate?
Did you set the correct filament loaded?
Are you using AMS or not?

TLDR; no, there is no Artificial Intelligence

2 Likes

You could have read the spec sheet of the printer, which states no AI.
Also I tried helping you by giving you the answer.

And instead of saying thanks you call me a smart ass.

Don’t worry, I will never help you again!

2 Likes

With that attitude you don’t deserve any help.

the p1p is controlled by a low power esp32 which is already all kinds of busy at keeping the printer performing at the speeds it does, thats why the p1p only gets a 0,5 fps camera feed when the cam is installed, and no way what so all to run ai in the background as well. the cpu has less performance than a first generation smartphone.

3 Likes

No, the P1P does not have any spaghetti detection. It is powered by a really low power dual core CPU to save cost, does not come with a camera stock and even if you add it, the CPU can only handle half a frame per second.
Bambu Lab suggested spaghetti detection MIGHT get added via a cloud service that does the calculation at some unknown later point, but currently there is nothing in. It is after all the budget printer. X1 is the cost saving full printer and X1C is the full stack.

Spaghetti detection in progress

4 Likes

As far as I’m aware of, not at the moment but it is announced to come (Spaghetti detection).
Due to the low-performance controller the detection is run in the cloud (camera-images are sent to the cloud).

2 Likes

Is there an update on that?

Not yet :smiling_face: 1234567890987654321

Still no update - Note under defelopment still there.

K1 Max can he finally get it done?
Qidi Tech X-Max 3 also still on octoprint, so under defelopment as well.
S1 FLsun look like they make it happen soon as the only option in this point to the X1.