Does someone have a Tempature Tower that works with Bambu Studio?

I’ve found several tempature towers on thingyverse but wondering if there’s a way to import one with the gcodes that work with the Bambu Studio? Not sure how else to get the temp changes at the different levels.

1 Like

There are lots on MarkerWorld
https://makerworld.com/en/models/search?keyword=temp+tower

4 Likes

Orca slicer has a temp tower in their calibration menu. You can select whatever temperature range you want to test.

1 Like

If you haven’t tried Orca Slicer you’re missing out on the calibration features that are baked in as @SimEyeSee suggests.

Orca and Bambu Studio can coexist on the same machine so there is no downside to using both. If you know Bambu, you already know Orca, it is forked from Bambu so it has the identical interface and files are interchangeable. The key difference is in the many more features you get with Orca.

Bambu Studio

Orca Slicer

Don’t bother with the native Calibration function in Bambu. If you have a P1 series it only takes you to a lecture anyway. Use the Orca Calibration feature instead.

What you get.

The temp changes per level are baked into the model. No need to touch G-Code.

The tutorial page is also pretty handy in walking you through the different calibration features.

Bambu from time to time will borrow features from Orca but Orca is supported by fellow hobbyists with the creature comforts and quality of life enhancements that Bambu developers tend to leave as secondary. You won’t see a focus on Makerworld features since this is more something that promotes Bambu, the company rather than serving the user.

As an example of quality of life conveniences, Orca introduced two versions ago, an estimated time to completion which Bambu Studio still ignores. But there are many more features as well that are in some cases these are Prusa Slicer features that Bambu Studio decided to exclude that Orca put back in. You’ll have to go through the release notes to get a complete list of all the things they’ve added.

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m going to give this a try!

Well you do not need to try - At this point Orca is probably the one and only :wink:

But if I then print than a Tower which can be broken (the only thing missing in Orca), I usually end up with the highest temperature specification from the filament manufacturer (but that doesn’t always have to be the case). For me, the internal values ​​count a little more, but it depends on the usecase of the part :innocent:

Embedded photo of the first one I found:

Thank you all, esp @Olias @SimEyeSee @Hank . Just wanted to say thanks for the info. @Olias thanks for the photos, I was able to find the settings. So much more in here for calibriation then on the Bambu one. Even some settings I’ve seen oln videos like “Make overhangs printable” that wasn’t on the Bambu Studio either. Again, thank you!

3 Likes

And now, Orca has scarf joint seams, which if it works will be a great improvement.