Drybox bowden setup

New P1S owner here, not new to 3d printing.
I have a nice Ikea bror Rack with a rubber pad and a concrete slab on it.
Above there are Ikea 365+ dryboxes for filament with ptfe tubes.

Now I’m thinking about how to integrate my P1S.
My plan is to completely remove ptfe tube of the P1S and use the one directly from my drybox coming down into the back port with the rubber grommet along right to the extruder.

Only downside is that swapping filament will be annoying. Each of my dry boxes has 2 rolls in it and 2 ptfe tubes going out of it.
Maybe it would be better to leave the stock ptfe tube and find some double sided ptfe coupler to connect the 2 tubes?

1 Like

Get an AMS lite splitter which has 4 ports. There are prints on makerworld to modify it to take your PTFE into the machine. It’s the best solution to have multiple inputs IMO.

2 Likes

Thx, seems like it isn’t available at the moment.

Looked at the ams lite hub now a bit longer, for an automatic change I’d still need some motor or ams.
I settled for a simple solution for now:
https://www.printables.com/de/model/68404-pc4-m10-ptfe-coupler

To change filament I’ll need to swap ptfe tubes, that’s fine for now.
A first test was promising, drilled a hole through the top of my bror shelf, keeping the ptfe tube path as short as possible while avoiding sharp curves in the tube.

Seems like this is the best option, I earlier routed the tubes from the back to my printers and had longer ptfe tubes which caused issues with extrusion.

Mathijs Steeghs

Bij de X1 gebruik ik een SUNLU 2 droger . Die werkt prima echter de draad uitvoer door een kort pijpje met te grote binnendiameter werkt helemaal niet . Een beetje zijwaarts trekken en de draad zit vast .De X1 heeft een keer de droger omhoog getrokken tegen de kast aan , gelukkig geen schade . Op zoek naar een oplossing heb ik die m.i. ook gevonden . Het uitvoerbuisje van de Sunlu heeft een binnendiameter waarin een 4mm teflon buis stroef past . Hierin een stuk blauwe teflon buis , lengte tot stuitend tegen de teflon buis van de X1 , gestoken . Er mogen naturlijk geen knikken of korte bochten in zitten .Het werkt prima , ook met het stugge PETG CB . De droger blijft op zijn pootjes staan . Dit principe is m.i. bij elke combinatie mogelijk .

Thx, I have this setup now and it works well: