E3D High Flow ObXidian HotEnd

Does anyone have a E3D hotend for X1C? I have managed to block my 0.4 one using wood PLA. I’ve tried heating it and using nozzle needles but i cant get then in. Can anyone give me any advice please?

I also had a clog with marble PLA, but I was too frustrated with the hotend to spend time cleaning it. Have you attempted a cold pull?

Steps:

1. Disconnect the PTFE tube from the hotend.
  2. Heat the hotend to 250°C.
  3. Manually feed regular (white) PLA into the extruder until approximately 30cm have been extruded (using the extrude function on your printer).
  4. Lower the hotend temperature to 100°C and allow it to cool.
  5. Manually retract the filament (using the extrude function on your printer) while gently pulling on the filament.
  6. Repeat this process several times until the pulled-back filament appears clean.

Unfortunately I’ve been trying the cold pull for ages. The extruder cant pull it out, even with me pulling. I’ve done that before with a standard Bambu Lab hotend and that was no problem. I don’t want to bin it because it was so expensive.

1 Like

It’s not a definitive solution, but you may discover helpful information when looking into unclogging a CHT nozzle. Since it’s not tied to a specific brand, there could be broader discussions on this topic.

Another option is to purchase nozzle cleaning needles for .2mm nozzles. However, it’s uncertain whether the needle included with the Bambu Lab printer is specifically intended for .4mm nozzles.

So I clogged mine doing the same thing. I heated the nozzle to 300 and left it for a few minutes. It popped, kinda smoked, then was clear.

I followed the instructions I found online and used a pin drill and drilled out the clog from the top without damaging my E3D nozzle. I tried everything else and nothing fixed it.