E3D Revo for Bambu Lab printers

Simply the best MOD für Bambu Lab X1/P1 printers?

I went to check out this link. It posts a price of $129. Maybe im looking at the wrong product.

1 Like

No the price is correct. It’s the hotend, 60w heater unit and one HF nozzle. I’ve ordered one, hopefully it’s like every revo unit, so a real quick change nozzle setup. Aaand, black diamond nozzles :heart_eyes:

https://www.reddit.com/u/Psychological_Half68/s/ReWlDbbDn1

My son designed the cold end over a year ago and I modify a Revo hot end to work with my machine and then you’ve done it for over a year. There’s a few videos that I have posted.

Not really revos suck.

Nice work. Did you machine it or far that out?

No, not even close. I got one on, as a late-night purchase, and it’s a pos. There are splice points right where they want you to bend the wire bundle which makes it dubious to install. That is, if the connections aren’t already broken like one of mine was. A few others chimed in on a post about theirs being poorly spliced or not connected under the heat shrink. All they did was butcher some revo hot ends and put the bambu toolhead connector on the other end. Their CS wanted me to solder it back myself and when I said there isn’t enough wire, they said they would “send me a new wire.” WTF does that even mean. For $130 I told them to ■■■■ themselves and haven’t heard back.

You also don’t get a fan with it so add another $14 to the $130 price and get ready to put it together yourself. Which wouldn’t be an issue if it wasn’t a half assed, cobbled together product. I can’t see how this isn’t a cash grab pos. BIQU, FUQU.

Honestly guys, just grab the Ali CHT hot ends for $15 and call it a day. If you are more adventurous do the dual heater mod and get up to 60mm³/s flow rate on a 0.6mm nozzle like with ASA below! Ive been running these for many months with no problems. The $ for E3D and BIQU is just way too much IMHO especially considering the nozzle and hot end and consumable items so you will have to buy more as you go along. With the Ali hot ends, the nozzle tip is removable and if I get a clog I just chuck it in the trash as its a couple of dollars for a replacement.

There is also now an alternative to the dual heater mod, there is a 70W heater that can be retrofitted for better heating, and also a fully plug and play coming soon.

Late to the party… Did the heater ever come out? I see there is 60w with the v3 modded hotend but I have been told by 3 different sellers of that hotend on Ali that its not 60w, it is 48w but it puts out a little more heat than stock so they label it 60w… But I cant find anything to buy thats higher than the stock and cant find much info on this dual heater mod.