Erroneous spaghetti warning

Hi all, I was printing an articulating dragon last night and woke up to a spaghetti warning, it was a valid warning, two sections for whatever reason were serving pasta, so I restarted it. But I got 2 or 3 more warnings throughout the day but this time there was no dinner. Just curious if anyone has seen that before or has anything to say about it.

Bambu Labs states the spegetti detection feature by AI is a learning implementation which adapts the more you use it. I can confirm that overtime since the beginning that it’s improved from not recognizing spegetti to triggering quite often and now on [medium] providing accurate detections 90% of the time.

To have the detector work properly, there are a few requirements.

1. The detector needs to be enabled in the Print Options. You can adjust the sensitivity from {low, medium, high}. If you are off the printer for a relatively long time (e.g. a whole night), you can set the sensitivity to low, so it’s less often to pause the printing for small defects.
  2. The chamber light needs to be on. The spaghetti detector needs a good lighting condition to capture the details of prints. By default, we switch on the light when the first layer starts to print. If the light is shut down manually, it will not be turned on again.

In the “LAN Only” mode, the Spaghetti Detection function is still functioning. Know more about the LAN Only mode from How to enable LAN Mode on X1 / P1 series printers.

The X1 series can detect failures/spaghetti based on the processing power it has. This system uses a machine-learning algorithm and all the data processing is done locally.
When the printer is used in LAN mode, the printer behaves just like when it is not connected to the internet and uses local processing to provide this feature.

If the printer is not connected to the cloud, and the user improvement option is not enabled, the printer will rely only on the information it has in the latest firmware for failure detection, which might be outdated compared to the cloud-connected experience where the AI model is updated regularly. We recommend updating the firmware regularly to benefit from additional improvements that will be added over time.

I just received the X1C and had about 8 perfect smallish prints. Then I got a spaghetti mess but the AI did not trigger. It’s weird because the mess even though it’s not classical spaghetti but rather a fused blob that looks like a little mountain. Does anyone know if the algorithm is model-specific (e.g. compares the expected perimeter to the observed perimeter)? In my case, the cross section area was off by a factor of 3 easily.