Error message directly after purchase

Hello people

I own the “Bambu Lab X1 Carbon” since today.
I followed the instructions exactly when setting it up and watched many youtube videos before I started my first print. So that I just do not break anything.

I also bought the “Bambu Dual-Sided Textured PEI Plate” in addition to the printer, so that I can save myself the “Liquid Glue”.

I have now started the first print and right at the beginning I get this warning in the display:
“The measurement of the filament exposure has failed, because the laser reflection is too weak with this material. Testing of the first layer may be inaccurate. [0c00 0300 0002 0001 1719 29]”

Further, I placed the three filaments supplied in the AMS.
(1 x white, 1 x black, 1 x green).
The only strange thing is that before I click on “Start Now”, I can’t choose the filament.
Is this related to the error message?

Can anyone help me?

Hi there and welcome to the club.

General rule of thumb: Use the setup for printing as it was used during slicing. As the X1CC is shipped with the cold plate, the presliced files in the printer using the cold plate. So if you want to print the benchy, you have to use the cold plate. In addition, the textured PEI plate can give wrong LiDAR readings (mentioned by Bambu themself), so this may generate the error when you tried to print the benchy (as it expects the cold plate and therefore tries to scan - can be, can be that it is not true).
And lastly, all the pre-sliced files in the machine are set up that only the first AMS slot is used.

If you want to print something more flexible or with the texture PEI you have to slice a stl/3mf file by yourself first.

The white filament is usually a support filament and not meant to print things with, but are easy breakaway for more complex prints that needs to be supported, e.g. with large overhangs.

Good point by Thrawn as I didn’t mentioned. The presliced files also only be meant to be printed with PLA - likely your green filament.

Wow awesome! Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much.
That was a typical beginner’s mistake. :grin:
I am not used to work with support pla.