eSun filaments for Bambu Lab

I used Esun for years with no issues, but last year started to have quality issues with Esun products and ceased using them altogether in favor of Overture Filament. I have a decent sized printer farm going to produce my products and need consistant quality in the filament I use. (Only one x1C printer at this time, the rest are QIDI) I may revisit Esun, but hope their brittleness and breaking issues are solved.

1 Like

Late comer here. I could believe that they produce BL filament for them to BL specs under an agreement, but not it being OEM relabeled eSun filaments made to eSunā€™s normal specs. The reason is that the printer settings for eSun filaments you can download from eSun for the BL printers are not exactly the same as the BL filament defaults.

So the nice thing is however, when using eSun filaments, you donā€™t have to guess at the filament settings, since they supply them for you.

1 Like

The Supplier of Bambu is Bambu. Period.

It is so funny, that everyone wants to know that manufacturer X and Y, even Z is Bambus manufacturer.

WHO CARES?!?!

I already read somewhere that Bambu Lab PLA Basic was eSun, PLA Matte was Polymaker and PETG Sunlu.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s true, but I think that can be true.

Dont thrust that. NOBODY knows. It is all speculation.

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m looking for Bambu PLA marble, and itā€™s out of stock. But Amazon has eSun PLA marble, so I CARE!

:smiley:

I would recommend having a look at PolyTerra PLA marble.
It prints perfectly, and there is even a filament preset in the printer and Bambu Studio.

2 Likes

Just be sure to use the settings provided by the eSun site instead of using the default BL settings.

https://www.esun3d.com/zldownload_catalog/3d-printing-settings/

2 Likes

Iā€™m an overture user and pretty happy with it. Iā€™d be curious what make of the esun is recommended? I read it has the same spool as BL but everything Iā€™m seeing on Amazon looks to be cardboard spools.

Unfortunately they have started selling stuff in cardboard spools, I tried printing there clip on rails for there spools long story short they didnt work. Had to respool it.

1 Like

Bummer, I tried those ring type prints to go on the cardboard reelsā€¦yea, they suck. Nothing but trouble. Or, itā€™s something Iā€™m doing wrong.

Joe

Have you tried this? I donā€™t have a cardboard spool to test this on yet, so donā€™t know how well it works with eSun. Have a cardboard spool coming, so Iā€™ll find out then. Also, if they have refills available for the filament you want, there is an adapter for the BL reusable spools that will let you use the eSun refills.

There are tons of these adapters with different designs made for different brands. This type of design is stronger than just the rings.

Iā€™ll print one and try it out on my next spool.

thank you! you would think all of the key manufacturers would do this. Since i use mostly esun this will be very helpful