eSun filaments for Bambu Lab

This video shows an eSun booth claiming to be the official supplier of Bambu Lab filaments.
Can anyone confirm this?
Formnext 2022 Highlights (Snapmaker J1, eSun, Creality, Tiertime...) - Teil 1 - YouTube (at 3:39)

1 Like

That’s not what they’re saying.

They’re advertising their new super fast high flow PLA variant, with a suggestion that it’s ideal to use with the Bambu X1.

4 Likes

but in this video he said: “a eSUN employee said to him the bambuLab filaments are relabeled or OEM filaments from eSUN.”

2 Likes

Oooh, so they do.

The performance of eSUN filament in the X1 for me has been great, so I can believe that if true.

6 Likes

Are they relabelled or are they specially created in collaboration with Bambu Lab for the X1?
Also they call them “high flux filaments” (Google translator is not accurate and I don’t understand german) :wink:

3 Likes

no the high flux filaments is a new filament special created for high speed printers, but have nothing todo with the bambuLab OEM Filament these to different things.

1 Like

No info on the Bambu filaments, but if eSun are making them then I’m going to guess they’re identical to eSun’s new high flow filaments.

1 Like

i dont think esun makes them , and if they do then it is a special designed filament for the bambu
as i test out esun filaments a lot , and they do not perform as the bambu
maybe i need to restock and do some more tests with it, but i still do not think they use esun

3 Likes

Why would somebody from eSun tell Nils that they are producing it ?

3 Likes

The first order from the Bambu Lab shop (made a few days after the delivery of the printer) arrived with a Sunlu branded packaging, the second with a Bambu Lab branded packaging…
Could it be a clue about the manufacturer of the filaments?

I’m fairly certain the Bambu filament is manufactured by esun. The esun refill spools look near identical to the Bambu lab ones

1 Like

I’ve personally run 4-5 spools of eSun black PLA Pro through the X1C with no issues - and much of that was with Bambu Studio set to “Bambu PLA Basic” for the filament (super high flow rate compared to the stock “Generic PLA” - 75% higher!). I’m not saying eSun is the brand behind the Bambu PLA but, from my experience so far, they seem to perform extremely similarly.

7 Likes

that to give me the same vibes, I use the refills on the Bambu spools and made an adapter what also makes it a possibility is the filament just prints so well with the stock settings.

1 Like

Okay… explain more what you mean by “refills” and adapter? I’m curious. Does eSun sell without spools like Bambu?

1 Like

Sure thing, I buy esun filament with the refill line, they are basicly filaments without spools from Esun with a reduced price the nice thing esun has a ton of colours and types of filaments , what I did was I made a spool adpater that allows anyone to use an esun refill roll on the bambu reuseable spool heres the link from printables .
Printables it has a snug fit i will have to revist the design and make a small indent to allow the traps to pulled away entirely, but the work around is to snip it on either side of the reel. Hope this helps you.

5 Likes

That perfectly explains it, yes… and helps a lot! One of the things I definitely liked about Bambu is not having a bunch of extra spools… if I can do refills with eSun for a cheaper price, I’m all about that!

2 Likes

I use these guys here I’m in Canada, if shipping and the price is right maybe have a look. https://www.digitmakers.ca/

2 Likes

I have been looking for a solution like that :slight_smile:

What is the shipping rates to Canada?

1 Like

In that case you can even reuse the rfid tag.

Using e-sunn PLA + to print the pixel P1P covers and so far it’s excellent. I’m used to Overture but they are cardboard. Guess I will be switching to e-Sun. Far better than Overture IMO.