Every version; makes the experience worse

The problem is he -59dBm. A good signal is closer to -35dBm or so.

The experience you are having are not common.
By all the symptoms, looks like you have a network not working properly. That’s because tou have bad camera image, conectivity issues, and other software problems.

Fix your network

You are not wrong. but at the same time… you are wrong. :slight_smile:
The only device that has that bad of a connection is the printer… that sits literally… 2m from the wifi antenna disk in the ceiliing.

As @edouard saids as well its a network issue - but the issue is not in my network, its in the bambu device that has the flakiest connection ever comes and goes on and off the network, goes from -73dB to -58dB rarely comes up at a good level even as its positioned to be in the best spot for it…

1 Like

Create a 2.4GHz only SSID and connect your X1C to it. Fixed all my connectivity issues. It does appear there is some odd interaction between the X1C and Ubiquiti APs in a mixed 5GHz/2.4GHz network. Even disabling band steering did not address the problem for me. Haven’t had an issue since I made the change.

2 Likes

So a Second 2.4ghz only network attached to the same default network as the mixed mode… hmm not tried that… worth a try… will get back on that.

1 Like

Not to dismiss the legitimate issues that you’re having, but in general, the software has been steadily improving with time. Check out my list of software issues from last November. I’ve been keeping up with it and crossing out issues as they’ve been fixed - and a lot of them have been fixed.

1 Like

I’ve had a whole host of problems with my, new this week, X1C. Beginning with firing up the printer and having the bed go out of control into the printhead and sit there grinding on it, crashed until I hit the master off switch.

Wouldn’t connect to wifi, I tried numerous things, no joy. I’m on a ubi network as well. On a lark I disabled 5Ghz on the wifi network and then the X1C connected. Re-enabled 5ghz and no issues.

Handy is useless until you get the X1C on your network. Still not very useful even then.

AMS slot 2 is jammed and doesn’t work. Support ticket is going nowhere - 3 days now. The other bays work as they should and I’m using them.

RFID does not work reliably. Bambu Labs filament, RFID encoded, half the time it’s wrong and I have to override and never gets color at all. Dumb that this isn’t working right.

TPU will not work with AMS!!! The whole reason I bought this printer is because I have a job where I need to embed TPU in PLA (or some other similar to TPU temp settings material.) NO JOY! TPU will absolutely NOT run with AMS. Major bummer. Causing a design change and an inferior product. READ THE FINE PRINT!

I have a few Enders and they all print quite well. The X1C prints better, not a huge amount, but better. The X1C is MUCH faster than an Ender. Probably twice. The X1C has not given a bad print yet. Though the project I’m doing is warping a little and I had to dig way into the settings to find how to put the part on a Raft. X1C can do that. Will be testing that next.

I dropped a ton of money on this and am sitting here printing, waiting for support to fix my defective AMS, and I’m wishing I’d gotten the Prusa XL instead. More money and probably not as fast, but the live print heads mean it’ll do the job I have in front of me and the X1C isn’t capable of it.

1 Like

Yeah, it seems like they’re more focused on making MakerWorld a thing and doing an IPO than making the best hobbiest printer. My next machine will probably be another Voron

1 Like

Qidi is exceptional for the price. Does most of what the x1e will be capable of for less than half the price, with a larger build volume.

werent you just trashing me for not having english as a first language? This week its Europeans. Gotcha

Not asking for help, cuz i addressed it with support several times. I’m just stating that with each release a regression in software or something else is getting introduced. The networking of the device worked just fine up until 2 firmware versions ago. With the introduction of the makerworld thingy in the studio application the performance declined severely. The networking capability of the studio app as in how it detects things on the network is just awful.

Why im stating this is my background as a 26 years in software engineer doing embedded hardware for FPGA, ARM and X86 but also building webinterfaces and desktop applications around it. Specifically targeting networking products.

So yes… There is a severe decline in quality with the last few releases. They are obviously just trying to push more products into the space without maintaining the ones they already released properly.
The only thing they can do now to make it better is to ask the community for help by making the source code available for the firmware… thus opening the door for improvements into the stack using PR’s and a good community policy.

1 Like

Sadly this did not work for me, the UDP traffic of the camera is still really crippled even in LAN mode… its weird honestly all “other” traffic to the device is just fine it performs within the 100mbit limit of the wifi chipset they are using on the board.

I have noticed my connection to the printer sporadically disconnecting and reconnecting after about 2 updates ago. So far I uave been able to work around it.:grimacing:

I’m sorry you’re experiencing issues. I’ve had the X1C since Kickstarter and other than maintenance issues like thorn solicone sock or broken wiper, which were easy to remedy, I’ve no issues

Oh boy. Here we go. There’s a severe decline in quality… for you. As many folks in this thread have stated, your problems seem to be unique to your personal setup. From what you’ve described, honestly, it sounds like your network is the culprit. Others have stated the same thing. The majority of folks in this thread have also stated they’ve had no such problems. So, what a reasonable person would do is point the finger at themselves, instead of Bambu. Your problems are bespoke, your solution must be as well.

You also stated that Bambu is a horrible company because your network is likely causing issues, and they should fix that for you, or something. Not sure.

Am I sorry you’re having issues? No. It sounds like they’re self inflicted, and you’ve come here to whine about them.

I mean, whatever you do, don’t set up a separate network and test the problem that way. Keep pounding your head against your enterprise grade network security in your house and see how that goes. Just keep the insults and whatnot out of the forums, it’s not helpful. You yourself said you didn’t come to ask for help, you just came to cry. Cry in your car, don’t cry here.

2 Likes

Uh oh, its the forum police. Our own local Karen.

1 Like

I have similar problems. For three months everything was great. Then printer connected to Orbi16, but not to internet. I have micro Sd cards so no problem. Now printer has a calibration problem. Use QR code, takes me to URL that indicates bambu handy needs to be updated. Go to the app store, it just opens the app. I feel like I am caught in a do loop.

Check out the post history of that person, it’s quite consistent…

2 Likes

Oh no, I’m consistent! Must be awful.

There’s consistently people in here crying about self created problems and then pontificating about how bad Bambu is for not wiping the tears away in the manner they wanted. Boo-hoo.

I’ll always be consistent in pointing out folks that just come in here to whine, don’t want help, and offer nothing constructive.

1 Like

And then theres the karens that complain and cry about complaining and crying. 90% of your comments are complaining. Its like you only come here to vent at people. Must be fun at parties.

1 Like