Every version; makes the experience worse

Are talking about restarting the device? or a factory reset? My lg oled gets updates but never ever require a factory reset. Im also a samsung galaxy user and have never needed to factory reset. My router auto updates in the background. Not saying youre wrong. Just saying ive only ever read about needing a factory reset if something is wrong with the device. But never just because of an update.

I honestly havnt needed to even factory reset a bambu printer after an update. Seems that its inconsistent between users, which means an issue with the device itself.

Again, not saying its not needed for some users. Just saying its not normal and signals faults in software or hardware.

Thanks for the info on how orca backs up the data. I didnt know. Im still on bambu studio and cura.

Edit: Sorry, now i see you were in fact talking about a factory reset.

If it still has a (combustion) engine and a transmission, it is not a modern car. :nerd_face::hugs:

I have not had any issues.

I also have experienced a worsening of my printer to computer connection with updates to bambu studio. I used to be able to very easily send print files to my micro sd card and also send direct to print files. Now, it seems i have to restart bambu studio each time I want to send another direct print. AND, I cannot even send files to my micro sd card now because it thinks they’re not on the same LAN…which they are. my computer and printer are both very close to router. I’m not a tech genius but it shouldn’t be that hard for them all to communicate like they originally did!

1 Like

Principle of combustion engines, is modern compared to electric cars :grinning:

Oh…And no connection problems with my X1C

1 Like

Sounds like his home network is the problem to me. Since all he complained about has to do with the Wi-Fi.

1 Like

Incorrect assumption… Its how bambu studio does detection of the device on the network. If you look at thte traffic of it, its not going straight against the IP as a socket server instead it does an elaborate dance where it does a detection using broadcasting prob.e due to the fact its an embedded device with limited availbilty so it needs a wake up handshake.

1 Like

2.4 is the most contested frequency you’ll find, run a wireless network monitor and you’ll find more than you can shake a stick at. All of them can introduce signal issues, I can see a good signal coming from 26 discrete wireless broadcasters from where I am, well over half are using the same channel which I guess is the default setting in their router.
Is it worth checking what other systems are adding potential interference??

Just jumping in here. CCIE8849
I have an X1C with Meraki AP running on a dedicated SSID with studio on a Mac and zero issues. My experience with “traditional” Cisco gear and consumer devices is that id does, in a lot of cases need some TLC… assuming its Wifi. Similarly I have seen packet schedulers on Win be an issue.

Camera traffic is UDP, and is direct P2P to the printer while uploads are not… but that may depend on whats ‘negotiated’

Happy to try compare and contrast setups.

1 Like

In my case… there is literally me… and nobody else… there is not a single other wifi within a 2 hour drive. :wink:
And i still got a 1.5gbit fiber uplink… welcome to Sweden

Ahhh Sweden then it might be a tech savvy tomten family :wink:

Though possibly someone at bambu has dropped the ball at Bambu on the software, hard to say with it being closed source.

Ill say it again. Bambu knows they have connectivity issues. Which makes all the fan boy excuse makers look dumb.The first 3 printers have a pile of issues that will be fixed with the $2,500 version. it will actually control chamber temp and actually filter the air too.

I also had a better experience (on Mac) with past versions. The studio now crashes EVERY time I use it.

100% what I did just like any automated home needs!

Smart devices like phones & tablets can handle the channel changes but this is really hard for any type of peripheral that hangs on to an IP or channel. I also have two color laser printers that are constantly going offline even if they are not in Eco-Mode.

That being said… I switched over to LAN mode and have zero issues. The Handy app is really just a gimmick to me especially since I don’t print when not present and all of my prints get stored on the SD card for failure review if needed.

1 Like

Well in LAN mode, the active detection and lidar functionality is non functional afaik tho… Which is a bummer - essentially what you pay for using the X1/C no?

Spaghetti detection, first layer inspection, and LIDAR calibration all work in LAN-only mode.

"When LAN Mode is enabled, the following features do not work:

• Cannot start prints remotely, from outside the local network
  • Live View monitoring or control of the printer using Bambu Handy is not available outside the local network
  • Print History feature is not available

Regarding Spaghetti Detection

The X1 series has the capability to detect failures/spaghetti based on the processing power it has. This system uses a machine-learning algorithm and all the data processing is done locally.
When the printer is used in LAN mode, the printer behaves just like when it is not connected to the internet and uses local processing to provide this feature.

If the printer is not connected to the cloud, and the user improvement option is not enabled, the printer will rely only on the information it has in the latest firmware for failure detection, which might be outdated compared to the cloud-connected experience where the AI model is updated regularly. We recommend updating the firmware regularly to benefit from additional improvements that will be added over time. "

I do think the statement about using Bambu Handy in LAN-only mode is currently incorrect. It implies that Handy can connect to the printer using only the local LAN and I do not find that to be true. If I’m wrong, somebody please tell me how to get it working.

Interestingly, when I tried, Handy wanted Bluetooth access, but granting it permission did not allow a connection and the printer did not appear in a scan for Bluetooth devices. Handy did see the printer and its wireless IP address, but would not bind. Maybe we will eventually get to use Handy in LAN mode?

3 Likes

True dat. We’re coming full circle.

Will try that out and see if it kills the uncessary data traffic. :slight_smile:

I’m seeing the problem.

You mean… what i do for a living all day - is a problem? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: