Extruder manual feed button attempts extrusion when temp is below 190°

Before firmware 01.07.02.00 if the temperature dropped below 190, I wasn’t allowed to use the filament feed button. Now the feed button makes the extruder attempt to feed regardless of temperature (clicking if the extruder temperature is too low to melt the filament). I try to watch temperature, but I’ve never needed to be this careful before.

It’s worse than I thought. I’m getting repeated clogging with Generic PLA+ settings as well. I’m not experienced enough to really be sure this is firmware, but the filament feeds fine except when in a print job. I’ll try changing to a new extruder, but it feels like a software issue to me.

Are you able to measure the true temp of the nozzle? i.e. IR instrument or thermocouple through a multimeter. Even a cooking thermometer from your wife’s kitchen. :scream::nerd_face: She wont mind. Honest!

1 Like

Thanks. I’m a bit uninitiated into the world of Bambu Lab hardware, so I was reluctant to dive into my first nozzle replacement (you know, the spare one that came with the X1C I bought last year). But I think the time had come, even though I don’t have AMS and probably have printed less (although not less successfully, until now), than most X1C owners. If no one else has experienced this issue, then I guess the worn nozzle was the root of the problem. Still, that seems to me a very strange way for a worn out nozzle to manifest itself. Makes me dread what else I’ll have to learn about this printer. Uh, where do I see the accumulated hours of use on the printer’s display? Do I have to use Bambu Studio to observe that? I normally use OrcaSlicer.

OK, my “worse than I thought” reply just introduced a red herring. I did need to replace the nozzle to print successfully, but the first problem I reported remains. I don’t receive a warning if I try to feed filament when the extruder temperature is far too low to melt it. I don’t believe this status could have been caused by anything other than the update to firmware version 01.07.02.00. I’m not sure whether the issue was introduced in this version, but it definitely exists for it. If you can set your extruder temperature on your X1C running 01.07.02.00 to 100° C (or anything below 190°), but still see a warning when you use the filament feed button as was the case for earlier firmware versions, please respond, and I’ll cancel my report.