Faceted wall face on circular print

Hello, I’m very new to 3D printing, I’ve had my P1S for two weeks now. So far I am happy with it. I have noticed one thing. When printing a circular item the wall is not a smooth circle, it is faceted. I have performed manual flow calibrations and am using bambu PLA basic. In the pic I used 3 wall loops, grid infill at 15%

Welcome to the forum.

This is not caused by the printer. It is caused by the faceted original file that you sliced. Try using a higher quality source file.

4 Likes

I used onshape to create the file. What source would you recommend. Thanks

Try exporting the file from onshape as a Step/STP file. If you must export a STL, set it to a much higher triangle count.

6 Likes

Usually STEP is the best, but I have had a few models that had defects after Bambu converts and displays the model. In those cases, I had to use a high resolution STL. You should be able to see the faceted wall in the Prepare and previews views on Bambu Studio.

1 Like

If you increase the slicer’s “Resolution” parameter to a large value, it’ll round/smooth the sharp faceted “corners” some.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies, As JonRaymond stated, changing the onshape file to STEP worked and also when exporting as and STL there is a fine setting. That worked also. Again thank you all for the help.

2 Likes