Failed Print - any ideas

I have had a failed print as per the photo. I’m not even sure how you would describe the failure. This is printing the drive base plate on the TT Furious Tourbillon Model.

printing on X1 Carbon, .4mm nozzle, with a PEI Plate, door closed, Bambu Lab Black PLA Tough (it was dried before printing). Has completed a number of successful prints same day - see second photo.

This only failed when it started printing the 20mm wide, 35mm high cone shaped vertical pin.

Any ideas on how to correct please? It’s a bit passed my basic, new to 3D printing, skill and knowledge.

Thanks in advance,
Regards Sam

1 Like

Check the gcode preview and see if there are any weird move. Some recent versions of Bambu Studio have an issue/bug with arc fitting.

Reference

Thread

Or, if not that, maybe you need to set a longer minimum layer time? You can set it under the filament cooling settings. I have no special insight though as to whether that is the cause. Just process of elimination.

The problem in the first photo is plain to see, but what was the purpose of showing the second photo (base plate 2)?

Hey I cannot create a new post yet it seems…

Before, printing PC with PA support interface, it worked well, printed a few of those zero issues.

.4 nozzle. Tried at 80 microns thickness, it failed. Tried at 120, fails, 160 fails, re-tried at 200 still fails. It says that the extruder is blocked or I get spaghetti errors. I don’t understand, the extruder gets blocked during the print maybe but it,s not blocked, needle goes through ez, I used another black PC filament to make a huge print with zero issues. Try to print this again, fail. Is this because of the PC/support change all the time? It worked before. Both filaments are very dry, been dried 12h each in oven with dessicant, and kept in ams with dessicant. Is it the flow dynamic calibration that screws it or what? I don’t understand.

It stops around there, I get a message it’s blocked, or spaghetti. But when I force a resume after a blockage message, I get a big blob of resin in the trash filament.
I don’t get it. Should I just change the whole hot end and retry or what? Thanks

sorry i cant post new or post pictures yet…

Thanks for the reply. The second photo was to show that the printer had just completed a good print with the same PLA. Maybe I forgot to say this. Is the failure in the first print is plain to see, but what could have caused it?

I changed to a new roll of filament and slowed all the speeds down. Also printed with the door closed and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Well this type of failure
is an indication that the extruder was extruding material for something midair and the usual root cause for that is that something it was supposed to print fell over or was knocked off due to poor build plate adhesion.
My guess the red circled part disappeared at some point :slight_smile: :

Thank you for the reply. Yes, that makes total sense. I was not getting the best of prints on other models. I did change back to a cool plate, with glue and closed the door and had no problems after that. I also suspect that with such a thick and big mass that there was also some warping. All prints have been fixed now.