"Failed to pull out the filament", why didn't it detect mid-print?

I have had my P1S Combo for a couple of weeks now, and have been printing tons, and today had my first failure, and wanted to know how I should proceed, and if there is any documentation on this. I was printing something in PLA, and realized that nothing was coming out of extruder. And then when I was diagnosing using AMS unload I get the following error “Failed to Pull out the filament …” [064805]

So my main questions are

1. How to proceed?
  2. Is there any official documentation on this issue?
  3. Why didn’t printer detect that no filament was being extruded?

The Bambu Lab Wiki is the first place to look for documentation and troubleshooting.

Filament is likely to be stuck in the extruder gears which is why it’s not extruding. Possibly caused by a clogged nozzle. And as the filament sensor is before the extruder, if it’s activated because there’s filament in there, then as far as the machine firmware is concerned, the printer is working fine.

Ah, I thought they had a filament encoder that was able to tell if filament is actually proceeding.

so if it is a clog, should I follow this even though it is labeled for X1? How to check which part is clogged | Bambu Lab Wiki

Yes, the extruder and hotends are shared between the X1 and P1 series, just the electrical plugs are different.

I fixed it. Turns out it was a jam inside extruder. Had to disassemble extruder to fix, but hardest part was getting ptfe tube disconnected.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.