Fan readings off part fan

Mainly the order of ops went, removed fan cover, took off shroud, put on new printed fan shroud, plugged back in (possibly while on), fan works, but notice all detections says fan is off, fan still runs, cant comtrol it though, part fan on off doesnt change in menu but turns the fan on and off, cant controll on apps or studio, justchanges for a second then back to off, sometimes now it says 10% no more or less, still cant control, if i attempt to change it, the apps say its off even when still running. Idk what do, new board or fan is up in the air

The fan controls in all the UIs (handy/slicer/screen) are kind of janky:
The on/off switches aren’t pure input controls. The switch indicates back if the fan is turning. If you pay close attention you’ll notice that when turning a fan on, the switch goes to ‘off’ by itself for a short moment and then back to ‘on’ when the fan is detected turning. Same goes on in reverse when turning the fan off.

The tach signal of the fan will most likely be missing. Most likely the fan is working fine apart from the manual controls and on/off indicator.

I would bet on a broken wire or connector/header pin. The circuit (on the tool head pcb’s) shouldn’t be susceptible to damage due to hot plugging and is most likely fine.

i sent in a support ticket just in case its warrantiable, the printer is a week old