Feat. Req: Option to change Line direction on top and bottom surface

Having the option to make the top/bottom line direction go vertical or horizontal is helpful when trying to get a clean surfaces for flat prints like keychains.

Having the ability to change line direction to 90 or 180 degrees like in Cura instead of having the line direction on top and bottom surface locked to presets would be nice.

1 Like

You can already do that. Change the Infill direction under the strength tab. Not sure what Cura has, but infill direction does also change top and bottom layer direction.

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t know it also changes the top and bottom layer direction.

It’s April of '24. I’m using both OrcaSlicer v1.9.1, and Bambu Studio Beta v1.9.0.60. I have been using both apps for almost a year (due to different anomalies that exist in both apps (I find that I have to use one or the other to provision workarounds). And, what I describe below I do not know if such existed in previous versions of the apps.

What you have stated is correct, with the strange exception of the 1st layer of the “Bottom shell layers” which appears to be hardcoded to 45˚ of the object’s orientation. E.g., if the object’s orientation is set to 0˚ on the plate, the 1st layer of the “Bottom shell layers” prints at 45˚ relative to the object (and plate), regardless of the “Infill direction” angle setting. And, if the object’s orientation is rotated to 45˚ on the plate, the 1st layer of the “Bottom shell layers” still prints at 45˚ relative to the object (but, of course, now 0˚ relative to the plate).

However, the remaining “Bottom shell layers” do respect the “Infill direction” angle, as do all of the “Top shell layers.” Presumably this is a bug.