[Feat. Req] View the Applied Flow Ratio & Pressure Advance Settings

It’d be a nice addition to be able to see the currently applied Pressure Advance and Flow Ratio (not sure if that has been implemented yet? It was hinted at in documentation) values on the LCD display as well as in the “Device” panel of the BambuStudio.

SoftFever allows us to set these values manually on a per filament profile basis, but we have to do the manual methods of calibration and can’t get the LIDAR values.

For those of us that would rather do the calibration pass once and then mark the spool with the values. Currently, there’s no way to see the current applied values for the LIDAR based auto calibration.

I had opened a discussion in the BL FB Group about opening up the FW, this would enable exactly this, i.e. check the infor stored in the EEPROM of the printer with M503. Since the info what LiDAR does not work with textured sheets and since I am using those quite often, I won’t rely on LIDAR anymore and use the SoftFever Studio version to establish the values and the store them permanently in the settings of the filament.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s kinda what I’m thinking, although I want the values established from the LIDAR so my workflow would be like this: Run a calibration pass w/no print (on a compatible plate) → Get Values → Assign to Filament in OrcaSlicer (formally SoftFever) and then not have to worry about calibration again until I change something (filament, nozzle).

1 Like

This is one solution. My solution (at the moment) is that I use OrcaSlicer exclusively, since it offers the calibration tools needed to establish the required values without doubt. I don’t trust LiADR anymore until BL have release new FW, which they promised, with the new algorithm giving the ÖiDAR its functionality. Tthe method to do the calibration with the tools included in OrcaSlicer is a little manual but reliable, which I don’t mind.

This would be a great addition. I’ve been playing with OrcaSlicer, having all the extra settings makes a HUGE difference in awkward materials like PETG.

It would be really great to see the PA measurement of the lidar so we can store it manually in the filament profile. But how you know the lidar is not working on PEI. Mine works fine from day one.