Feature Request-Measurement Tool, AMS Backup Spool, Text Placement,etc

Measurement Tool - A great addition to Bambu Studio would to add a measurement tool as when scaling only outside measurements are given. If inside dimensions or other dimensions information is needed you have to guess. Also the ability to have option for measurement tool to snap to edges and corners would be great. Also if the points of the measurement tool could be used to accurately move text, add part, add negative part, add modifier into position.

Text Placement - Another great addition would be to select a face for text, select horizontal or vertical, select additive or negative. Positioning to be able select centering, left, right, up, down, and to be able to set margin from edges for quick placement. Also see above for using measurement tool to add point for text positioning.

Moving Parts, Negative Parts, Modifiers, and Text - Would also like to have a key constrain when using mouse to move these items to be able to hold CTRL which would constrain movement of item vertically with no side to side movement, SHIFT which would constrain movement of item horizontally with no up or down movement.

Initial Purge Volume - Addition to be able to set initial purge volume in the filament settings.

AMS Backup Spool - As I’ve seen others state to be able to select backup spool for prints so if first spool runs out it switches over to the spool you select as the backup, not just if you have filament loaded with same properties as the one being used initially.

Filament Purge & Prime Tower option to use filament to print additional part - A option to use this wasted filament to print an additional part on the build plate. Instead of the waste be able to add a part that you don’t care what the color outcome is that this wasted filament is used to print. (As long as there is room on the plate for said part.)

Mouse Ears - For parts with minimal bed surface contact add feature of mouse ears that can be placed along edges and corners where needed. Also mouse ears with post where the mouse ear is a small distance from object being printed (0.5mm) and a small post connects the mouse ear to the object. This allows for less post processing time for removal. You can do mouse ears manually now by adding cylinder and adjusting to first layer and positioning, but this feature would be a time saver for implementing these. Add it to the Brim section of Studio.

Spiral Vase Mode at certain layer - To be able to begin spiral vase mode at a selected layer.

If any item above needs additional clarification let me know.

5 Likes

AMS backup already exists.

1 Like

How do you enable it?

2 Likes

Ah switch to filament with same properties. I’d like to be able to select backup spools in the order I want them used. This would allow us to use up the last of our spools for a print. I edited my post to reflect that.