Feature Request - Option to keep filament loaded in AMS

Still looking forward to this.
When prototyping small parts this would be very handy to print, check, print fast and efficient.

I am not able to track the firmwareā€™s progress.
It would be better to track it in the ā€œBambu Lab Softwareā€ category.

Also, why does it turn the hotend off every time it does anything?
Off, On, Waitā€¦ Off, On, Waitā€¦Off, On, Waitā€¦

A question regarding this feature - will this allow also to use the full bed size with AMS filament, so no exclusion zone in case of a single color print?
If I understand this correctly, to use the full print need to fold the ā€˜collapsable stopperā€™ and use an external filament.
With this feature does mean thereā€™s only need to fold the collapsable stopper and use AMS as usual?

are you sure youā€™re on the right thread?

Yes, I think I am. Let me explain.
Bambu has an exclusion zone on the bottom left of the bed preventing using the full 256x256 bed size. This is due to the Stopper there thatā€™s used to push the filament cutter to cut. Bambu offers a solution to fold the stopper and fix it (and some studio settings changes), but they also state that because of that AMS canā€™t be used, because AMS needs to cut the filament. So they force you to feed the spool externally, which is a bit of a pain.
When printing a single color print the only need for cutting filament is when filament is unloaded at the end of the print.
This is where it connects to this thread. With the feature mentioned here, the filament will not be cut at end of print, so can use the fix but continue using AMS.
Actually, since posting on this thread Iā€™ve already done that, and printed a 243x245 using this method (removing the relevant g-code from above that unload the filament and avoids cutting the filament) which is larger than can normally fit on the bed as default.
Hope this clarifies things now.

Ahhā€¦ All clear now. Tbh. I AM especially looking forward to this feature for the time savings it brings in fast protoyping of mostly small prints (lots of time to be saved hereā€¦ no unloading, no loading, no purge, etc.).

For the ā€˜no unloadingā€™ commenting out some of the lines does the trick.
Isnā€™t there some g-code thatā€™s responsible for the purge?

I found relevant g-code in How to stop purging when only one colour is being used - #10 by pauldawkins

Together the two g-code changes, saved as a separate printer profile seem to provide this feature easy to access.

Yeah. Thereā€™s ways to make it work with g codes and printer profiles.
Weā€™re here hoping to get this a bit more streamlined :crossed_fingers: