Feature Request: Translate button

One feature I seem to be looking for quite often is a button to translate foreign language comments or model listings.

I have many comments on my models that are in what I believe to be German and I see many other comments on other models is many other languages. Im stuck with copying and pasting them into google translate to decipher what they say.

It would be cool if maker world could recognize that these comments are not a language from my set region and offer a button to translate them for me so I can quickly read them and reply.

1 Like

If you use Chrome or Edge, you can right click and select translate from the drop down menu.

1 Like

Indeed it’s super easy to do on desktop computer but on mobile it’s quite annoying to do. If this could be implemented directly to MW that would be awesome. And I don’t use the handy app for browsing MW but I guess there is no way to translate the content there.

1 Like

You’re right, I completely forgot about mobile/app

1 Like

I have used edge it the past and did not know about this! Thanks for the tip.

I use a Mac so my browsing is mostly on safari.

1 Like

I don’t doubt Safari has the functionality as well, although I can’t be sure.

Amazon implemented this well with their reviews. Maybe something like that?

1 Like

Exactly like that would be perfect

1 Like

Safari on my iPad has a Translate option, so I expect the Mac version to have the same. On iPad select text, then select Translate from the pop-up (it auto detects, shows translation & will speak it too…which I didn’t know!)