Filament Drying Feature on P1S

Thankyou! (very much)

I use a metal trash can with a huge bag of desiccant, a vacuum attached to the lid, and a heated blanket heater attached to the bottom. Janky as hell but works beautifully.

1 Like

Hey, I’m about to give this a shot but I wanna make sure I won’t waste 12 hours of my life lol. Did it work? Setting bed temperature to 85-90* and running it for 6 hours and flipping for another 6? Or should I just order a dehumidifier? If so which one?

You need to print or fabricate a cover for the filament to distribute the heat evenly.

Personal thoughts? I would suggest getting a drier. Use the printer for what it is intended for which is printing.

Hey @JonRaymond l’m using my original packaging as a cover per your little cheat sheet/excel sheet.

I understand, and agree that there are proper tool for specific tasks. I plan on making it my next purchase. I just want to make sure it will actually work.

Just to make sure, you’re saying if I follow the directions and use some kind of a cover it will work?

Yup it will work. You’re replicating what a drier would do. Add heat and exchange the air.

If you weigh the spool before and after you can see how much water was removed. Often it’s several grams.

1 Like

I used my X1C as a dryer for about eight months. Weighing the spools before and after drying proved that it worked, so did the print results. I initially used an upside-down spool box with the lid cut off as a cover and later printed a cover from PC. The box was just as effective as the PC cover, so save your filament for a real project.

When I tired of occupying the printer as a dryer I bought an Eibos EasDry so that I could print at the same time I was drying another spool. I can also print directly from the dryer to keep moisture sensitive filaments dry.

2 Likes