Filament is stuck in 4-port manifold of AMS

Hello all,
a piece of filament is stuck in one port of the output manifold. Please see attached picture.
So the corresponding LED stays red and gives the “can´t pull back filament” error message.

Is there a “smart” way to remove the blocking piece of filament?

Thanks, Peter

With the PTFE tube off the back like you have in the pic try pushing some PLA through the feed side out the back
If you aren’t replacing the PTFE tubing make sure that it is a nice straight cut on the end and pushed as far into the coupling as it will go
When I swapped out my PTFE for Capricorn I found a few spots along the way where the factory PTFE wasn’t pushed all the way in to the coupler
There wasn’t anything wrong with my printer, I just prefer better PTFE like Capricorn than the clear stuff all of my other printers came stock with
Catching potential future issues is just preventative maintenence :man_shrugging:

Not sure whether you had been “alarmed” already, but the PTFE tube used has an inner diameter 2.5 mm versus 2 mm of the Capricorn tube. The 2,5 mm are there for a reason, i.e. less traction - therefore you might run into trouble with extra traction etc. The capricorn usually used is good for short distances, like with a bowden printer or the likes and in case of a PTFE to be used in a hotend, since the capricorn one withstands a little more heat. But here not required.

Actually traction or travel has improved regarding how smoothly the filaments travel (there is less drag not more)
My AMS has an easier time pushing filaments down the pathway to the extruder and retracting during filament changes
The clear tubing wasn’t used from an engineering perspective but rather a cost perspective which is fine
Absolutely no machine produced on this planet is 100% perfect out of the box and the Bambu Lab line of products are no different
That being said the X1 series is pretty damn close to as perfect as it gets right now, but there’s always room for improvement and PTFE tubing is a small upgrade considering the cost and benefit