Filament Membership No More?

Went to check out filaments today to do my March membership order. Couldn’t find the Membership option on the menu like in the past and then noticed there was a discounts for all bar at the top. Looks like everyone is getting the Membership price now. I don’t even see my membership in my account anymore. Hadn’t seen any announcements on this. Doesn’t really affect me since my membership came with my printer, but I sure hope they’re doing some sort of refund for folks who bought the membership!

Which affects: no one.

You never were able to buy it.

1 Like

Hmmm I must have missed that announcement, not a big deal just kinda surprised me, and in my post I mentioned the bar you so helpfully circled in your 2nd image :roll_eyes:

Really? Cause I got a 6 month with my printer, and they asked me to renew it (don’t remember what it cost) multiple times. But hey, way to be polite and not at all a rude jackwagon.

1 Like

I figured it out the hard way as well.
Not sure what Bambu is doing here and why but there will be a lot more people wondering how this translates to their paid membership or the claimed saving coming with the purchase of a new machine.

As a heavy user the included 6 month of reduced filament prices for many types and colors is a great incentive.
Especially considering the claim that all their rolls work out of the box in the AMS.
For me the case is quite clear…

3D printing is a huge business now, both for hobby AND for small business use.
People buy a printer but have no clue about modelling anything, they download what they need or want.
And if you can buy a model that sells like hotcakes in the printed form it means you can make good money working from home.
Filament is a CONSUMABLE and that makes it a valuable item to sell.
By binding customers to your own brand you turn all this to a license to print money.
Take our favourite, PLA, as a prime example.
You can order it either in bulk rolls of hundred of kg or conveniently packed in bags as granules.
Either way, turning it into printable filament on plastic rolls costs less than $8US to do in bulk quantities.
But a roll is sold for at least twice that and the more you order in raw material the lower the price per roll.
Some whole-sellers in China offer a 1kg roll of PLA filament in 1.75mm for UNDER 5 bucks if you order enough - and then they put your own logo and designs on the rolls for free.

1 Like

Til this day no one has posted proof about someone actually paying for the membership so not sure why people still claim that it costs money.

1 Like