Filament Membership when bought through Reseller

UPDATE: As of March 13, 2024, everyone is now eligible for the same discounts.

The store keeps inviting me to “Upgrade to Filament Membership” but the “learn more” does not give me the option to buy membership.

I bought my X1C through an authorized reseller so I understand I do not qualify for the 6-months of free membership.

How do the “6 months free people” pay/subscribe after 6 months?

How do I and others purchase the Filament Membership that is being heavily marketed to us?

I’m in the US if that makes any difference.

1 Like

Man let me know if you find out. I just got mine yesterday and was really annoyed that there is not any clear information and I missed the fact that their marketing specified " from our online store"

1 Like

Ran into the same problem with no information on how to join and submitted a ticket. I’m interested because my original 6 months has expired. I hope this isn’t just a promotional gimmick for the first 6 months. If they think I’m paying $24.99 for a PLA refill, they are delusional.

I may not get the RFID chip, but I’ve already tuned my printer and saved the profiles for eSun, Voxelab, and FlashForge. I’ll just use their filaments instead.

1 Like

I agree I got my printer from a reseller too. I think I will return it and get something else. I love the printer. But I bought it for the great prices on their membership for filament. Takes days to hear back from support.

I feel like a red headed step child. They don’t seem to want to support anyone that buys from their authorized resellers. If they didn’t want people to buy from the only places that have the X1 Carbon in-stock then only offer your products on your website. So far the way they treat customers has not made me happy. The filament pricing they have is just crazy without the membership. The other issue is the bed volume size. The K1 Max seems to look like an option, until they figure out how to sort out there problems.

Anyone else had similar issues? I was told I had to contact Microcenter for support. LOL That is like taking a Ferrari to a golf cart mechanic, that thing will never work again.

2 Likes

This puts a bad taste in my mouth for Bambu, I feel like they are treating us like their red-headed step child because we bought a printer through a reseller. I bought mine through MicroCenter who were when I bought the printer strongly recommending only or using Bambu’s filaments. I loaded my cart up they had the printer in with Inland filament and the 3d sales person said he didn’t recommend using their filament and to go to Bambu and get my filament membership and buy theirs. I have bought many reels and all of their “Hardware Kits” from the Bambu’s store. This makes me not want to ever buy another reel of filament, hardware or machine from them.

Also considering I “had” to purchase through a reseller as they don’t directly sell the X1E

I have a feeling if this product becomes a problem, they will drop it altogether. They have done that with things in the past.

Does anyone know if Microcenter really does warranty support for the Bambu Printers? If not, Bambu should stop advertising that the products have a warrantee for only some people that also paid the full price. Lawsuit?

I feel into the same boat as other posts on this thread. I bought my X1C from an authorized reseller (Micro Center) because I didn’t want to have to deal with potential issues associated with a product damaged during shipping. I decided to check out the Bambu filament because of the strong ties in Bambu Studio and within the printer itself. Even though I didn’t have a membership I still decided to look at some Bambu filament until I realized the outrageous prices. I opened a ticket about purchasing a membership and my ticket was never answered. To this date I have never (and never will) purchase ANY Bambu filament. There are dozens of companies that sell quality filament at a much cheaper price. Bambu is leaving money on the table because they have no clue on how to allow Bambu printer owners the option to purchase a membership.

And if I ever need warranty service and I am denied because I didn’t buy direct from Bambu, this will be my first and last Bambu printer!

1 Like

Thank you Bambu Labs!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :hugs: :+1: :clap:I am copying the text from an email I just received from Bambu Labs regarding the “Filament Membership” program. Email:

In the past, filament discounts were exclusive to members. We hope that more people can enjoy them. Therefore, we have now decided to remove the membership restrictions starting from March 13th and open up the filament discount benefits to everyone, adopting a straightforward approach by “calling a spade a spade”.

What This Means for You

• Buy More, Save More: Enjoy discounts on PLA Basic, PLA Matte, PETG Basic, PETG Translucent (new), and ABS. Get as low as US$19.99/roll for filament with spool and US$16.99/roll for refill, and there are no quantity limits on the purchase of filaments. Check the prices in your local currencies.
  • Trials of new filaments: By subscribing to Bambu Lab’s newsletter, you’ll become eligible to participate in trials of new filaments, getting the chance to try them before their official launch.

Being Truly Eco-Friendly

Environmental protection is something we care deeply about. We encourage you to continue using your finished master spool by reloading it with a new refill. In real terms, people now pay less for daily filaments than ever before and receive much more.

• Expanded Refill Color Variants: We are in the process of completing refill options for all colors of PLA Basic and PLA Matte. Additionally, you can expect to see more options for cosmetic PLA and carbon fiber reinforced materials in the near future.

Happy 3D printing! If you have any questions about the filament, do not hesitate to contact us.

Warm regards,

Bambu Lab Team