Need some help, I upgraded from the A1 to the X2D about 3 months ago, beginning last week, the filament will not load to the external extruder when I begin a print, the filament loads, gets to the external extruder and retracts over and over before giving a beep and error. I have checked the PTFE tubes, opened the extruder and checked the gears, the filament sensor moves freely when engaged, turned off and on the printer with and without the extruder connected and still nothing. I put in a ticket to bambu but we have not figured anything out yet, any advice would be great.
Extruder Retraction
Thank you
I had this a few times with different issues each time. First, remove the hotend. Feed in some filament from the top and use the down arrow on the screen (in the toolhead section) to push the filament down. If you see it come out the bottom, then the issues is a clogged hotend. If it does not then the issue is in the toolhead. The filament sensor should be off when there is no filament and light up green when there is filament. Sounds like you checked the gears. Did you check the cutter? That is where my problem was once. The filament had blobbed there and caused a blockage at the hole there. Good luck.
thanks, I did check the hole and manually run filament through the extruder by manually turning the gears and it was clear, I will check the hot end today
bambu ticket replied and asked I run some filament thru an external spool, is this the same as what you are asking me to try?
I think you are talking bout the aux (right) nozzle. I was reading it as the left man in nozzle for some reason. I am not as familiar with the troubleshooting for the right side as I have only had issues with the left side. Can you tell where the retraction stops? Does the filament make it to the toolhead? If the filament is making past the extruder gears then I would suggest trying to clean a nozzle clog and doing a cold pull.
The filament does not make it to the toolhead, it retracts at the external extruder, see video link I added to the original post.
The video did not play in my browser so I did not see it initially. I tried a different browser and was able to see it. the video does not show the left side so I assume it never makes it out of the external extruder. So it is not a hotend issue. Definitely something in that box. I have not had to take it apart (yet) to deal with an issue so I don’t have any insights. Sorry for the unhelpful suggestions. Good luck and definitely let us know what support does to help and what the problem ends up being.
Thank you, you are correct it never makes it to or out of the extruder, I have taken the extruder apart and see no signs of a blockage.
Any update on this? Same issue out of the box.