Filament spool inside P1P enclosure

Hi, just got a second hand P1P with an enclosure and I’m wondering whether there is a mod to house the filament spool inside the machine on top. Route the ailment out to the back and in. Maybe a riser that is big enough?

Thanks.

While I like that idea and the P1P is the perfect platform for such a concept given it’s “blank skins” approach, I’ve not seen such an adaptation as I would have printed one for myself. If you do manage to find one, please share it’s link here.

You’d have to make a riser as large as the spool is wide to mount it upright. There not enough width to mount one inside the chassis and avoid it getting hit by the gantry.
If you’re considering it to keep the filament dry and warm, just get a dry box and put it on top of the printer (or an AMS)

A horizontal spool holder mounted on top of the P1P is an interesting idea.
I recently created an LED riser for my ARC enclosed P1P. It might be pretty easy to adapt what I have already designed to hold a bearing supported spool mount.
This would allow the heat from the bed and enclosure to help keep the spool dry while printing.

The only issue I can foresee would be the random inner hole sizes of all the different filament brands, might make it challenging.

Does it have the “official” enclosure or is it one that was printed, like the ARC?

https://www.printables.com/model/356301-arc-bambu-lab-p1p-enclosure