Filament still in aux nozzle after unload

After unloading the auxiary to change nozzles, there’s still filament in there, making it impossible to remove it from the print head.

I end up just heating it and pulling it out while hot (no burns yet).

It’s happened 3 times in a row.

I guess it’s cutting the filament before pulling it out?

What do I do?

Can you tell us the Printer type?

@Goodgoy

It doesnt sound like anything is wrong. When you unload, the filament will be cut about 5mm above the top of the hotend. Which means sometimes you have to pull down and out.

This is where the cutter is/shoudl be

If your filament isnt getting cut around there, maybe check your cutter to see if its working at all

Till now I had changed aux nozzle only once (several times on the main extruder). But yes, it seems, that on the aux nozzle the cut is higher and you have to fiddle a bit. Before reinserting I shorten the filament to make life easier…

But nothing to worry about.

Cool, I got to learn something new. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

Sorry if these are very basic questions — this is my first 3D printer and I just want to make sure I don’t damage anything.

I want to replace the left/main nozzle with a 0.2 mm nozzle.

Do I need to remove the right nozzle first, or can I directly remove the left one?

Also, is there always some filament left inside the nozzle after use? I tried removing the right nozzle before and it wouldn’t come out, apparently because a piece of filament was still inside.

If so, what is the correct procedure before removing a nozzle? Should I unload first, heat it, or use the filament cutting tool? If I need to cut the filament, where exactly should I cut it?

Thanks a lot for your help!