Filament Track Switch - H2D PRO problem


The following are connected to my H2D Pro printer:

  • 2 × AMS 2 Pro

  • 2 × AMS HT

  • Filament Track Switch

  • TPU Feed Assist Module

I connected everything step by step, strictly following the official instructions on the Bambu Lab Wiki: Filament Track Switch User Guide - H2 Series | Bambu Lab Wiki Cable connection order (as per the instructions): H2D Pro → Filament Track Switch → AMS 2 Pro → AMS 2 Pro → AMS HT → AMS HT.

Issues:

  1. After configuring the AMS units in automatic mode, all AMS units feed filament to one nozzle only – the right one.

  2. The Filament Track Switch behaves like an ordinary buffer: filament enters through inputs 1 and 2, but always exits through output 1.

  3. After switching to manual configuration and assigning any AMS to the left nozzle, that AMS still feeds filament to the right nozzle, and a filament feed error occurs.

What I have done so far:

  1. Wiring – I verified that every cable is an original 6-pin new-type cable supporting communication with the AMS 2 Pro. I compared each connector against the photo on the Bambu Lab Wiki showing the differences between the new- and old-type cables. The connection order matches the instructions.

  2. I reset the AMS assignment order from the printer menu and reassigned them.

  3. I power-cycled the printer.

  4. I made sure the firmware of the printer and of each AMS unit is up to date.

  5. I restored the printer to factory settings and set everything up again from scratch.

  6. Assuming my unit was faulty, I removed the Filament Track Switch, bought a new one and installed it – the symptoms are identical.

  7. On the new Filament Track Switch I repeated all of the above steps – with no effect.

I noticed that in the Wiki instructions the minimum firmware requirements for the Filament Track Switch are given for the H2C and H2D, whereas the H2D Pro – which has a separate firmware line – is not listed there. Could you please confirm whether the currently available H2D Pro firmware supports the Filament Track Switch? It may be that the FTS not working on my printer is not due to a connection error, but simply due to the lack of a firmware update on the Pro line? Any ideas?

Paging @SupportAssistant
White_Pixel_1x1

THe H2D Pro firmware is needed for the added functionality to work with the Filament Track Switch.

For now, I don’t have a clear overview of when it will become available but the team should be already working on the next firmware update for it.

I’m having the same issue with the opposite nozzle, but the firmware is already up to date. I just started doing a dual AMS 2 Pro setup on an H2D with the filament track switch, and it absolutely refuses to load anything into the right nozzle inlet.
I have the exact same setup connected in identical fashion on an H2C sitting on the same table as the H2D and it works flawlessly.
I have disassembled the filament track switch per the procedure on the wiki, toggled the magnets, reassembled and same issue. I also changed to a different track switch entierly…same issue.

EDIT: Found a new Firmware update via Bambu Handy that doesn’t show up on the main firmware downloads page (01.04.00.00) and that seems to have fixed the problem. It looks like the printer wasn’t detecting the filament track switch at all but after the update to that version it has started working properly.

The most important thing is to distinguish between the H2D and the H2D PRO.

My post/issue concerned the H2D PRO, which still does not support the filament track switch, and the most recent software version is 01.02.00.00 (20260427) H2D Pro firmware release history | Bambu Lab Wiki —I’m still waiting for the day when Bambulab introduces support for the H2D PRO.

I understand that your issue concerned the H2D (the classic version without PRO), which, although it’s a very similar device, has a different software version—the most recent one here is 01.04.00.00 (20260826). H2D Firmware Release History | Bambu Lab Wiki And this software version supports the Filament Track Switch.

I hope this post—and the realization that the H2D PRO uses a different software line than the H2D—will save someone a dozen or so hours of setup and frustration, which I, unfortunately, had to go through myself :slight_smile:

Yeah the thing that threw me off was that the firmware page I found on the main website only showed the 01.03.00.00 version as the latest release, but the Handy app showed the 01.04.00.00 version when I finally thought to check there instead.

Best part? This was a secondary issue after I was going through a weeklong troubleshooting involving a nozzle offset error, so after swapping the offset cal sensor I had this happen on top of the original issue :grimacing:

Really made today feel like Monday 2.0