Filaments stuck!

Hey all! Back again once again with a hiccup. There seems to be filament stuck leading into the extruder? However there is no filament in the nozzle (pulled it out manually) and I cannot extrude it thru or pull it out? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated : )

Unfortunately, you have to demount the hotend and then take the extruder apart and manually clean out whatever is causing the jam. I too wish there were some other way.

In a perfect world you would already have printed the bambu jig that helps you remove the extruder. If you have another printer, you may want to.

1 Like

Took it apart and it appears to have melted where it shouldn’t have melted :thinking:
Should I try to heat up something small and push it out? I’m stumped.

No. That could be helpful for the nozzle.
For the extruder, follow the official procedure in the video:
Extruder clog | Bambu Lab Wiki.

3 Likes

I’m in the midst of doing this myself.

In none of the wiki or videos that I’ve seen does anyone make any mention that some of the wired connectors were glued in place using a silicon glue. Therefore, my first impression was that the connectors had somehow melted together, when, in reality, it was just that glue.

The only reason I know this is that I had a spare extruder assembly, and in the box it comes with a small tube of silicon glue, presumably to glue everything together once more after re-assembly. This was my first clog, but if I were to do this very often, with all that ungluing and re-gluing… it seems like it may result in some wear and tear that somewhere down the road might be difficult to work around For instance, some of those pin connectors are surface soldered, not even through-holes, so you need to avoid wiggling the glued connectors loose as you tease them apart or you might tear the pin connectors, and their PCB traces, right off the board. But, uh, how exactly are you supposed to tease them apart without wiggling them apart? I hope the printhead gets a design refresh so that this problem will just go away.

3 Likes

Yup, melted where it shouldn’t have. Thank you for the advice, I apreciate you all!

Now let’s hope it works when I put it back together!

1 Like

I’m assuming we’re going to see a run of clogged extruders now the seasons have rolled into the warm side. Bed adhesion posts out, clogs are in… Open doors and lids off with PLA for those who aren’t up to speed :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.