Find the right 3D printer

Hello everyone, I am a beginner in 3D scanning and 3D printing, this is my first time posting on the forum. After reading the product introduction of bambulab, I was very interested. But since I am a novice, I don’t know much about the technical parameters and don’t have much experience. I hope I can get help from everyone here.

For small crafts like the one shown in the picture, I need to use a 3D scanner to scan the 3D model, and then use a 3D printer to restore and print it out. Basically, they are all relatively small handicrafts, with the basic size between 20-30mm.

Now I have used my MIRACO 3D scanner, used close-up mode, and added reference object scanning to obtain a basic 3D model. The STL format can be directly used for 3D printing.

So, I would like to ask if anyone has any recommended 3D printer. I hope it is easy to use and can be operated without too much learning. The accuracy can restore the real object. I am worried that I will not be able to use the SLA printer. I hope it is an FDM printer. , X1C or P1S? Are there any recommended models and related operation guides and experience sharing?

2d3831fe9a93c14c78b230ac4c9bdd3d

I will look forward to and thank you all for your help~

You should probably say what kind of filament you want to print with, because the answer will likely guide which printer people steer you to.

4 Likes

Do you plan on printing them directly in multicolor or do you want to paint them?

For the best reproductions of model details so small I would probably recommend an SLA printer and painting the prints afterwards.

However, if it has to be FDM, I would try an A1 mini with a 0.2mm nozzle. There’s no reason to go any larger if your target size is only 30mm.

If you really want to print with more than 4 colors (I see at least 5 colors in your example photo), then you’d have to go with the larger machines – but honestly, I wouldn’t really recommend that for your use case. It’s expensive, quite wasteful and won’t give a good color reproduction from a scan.

1 Like

Do you have any recommended consumables?

I just print the white mold, and I will color it later. So which one is better, SLA or FDM, and are there any recommended consumables?

SLA will give your more detailed prints, but is a much more messy process (dealing with resin, washing with isopropyl alcohol, UV curing, etc.)

FDM is easier to get started. I would recommend: