Firmware Alternatives?

Hello Bambu Lab Team,

I’m searching the information about your awesome looking X1 printer and just discovered the article To open, or not to open, that is the question. I also found the post About Bambu and lack of security.

Do you plan to add possibility to use Klipper instead of your closed-source firmware? I understand that printer will not work out of the box and some settings/tune will be needed but having a printer with remote control NOT connected to the cloud is crucial thing for me (and not only for me, think).

Thank you!

Hi, im not Bambu Lab team but… i can answer partially for you.
You do not need or have to use the cloud.
The printer has a lan only mode, it works very well just tested it.
I believe Bambu team is comitted to their printer and the security for the users.
The firmware and software (Bambu studio / app) have great features and keeps getting better with every update.

They have addressed those security issues and have fixed them in the newest software and firmware that was just released… Don’t fear… you don’t even need to use the cloud at all. This will do like other printers and use the SD card only… So open the damn box and enjoy!!! Merry Xmas!!

There is no plan to support Klipper now. For security concerned users, LAN only mode can be used.

Does this apply to the P1P also?

There is also no plan for klipper on P1P.

I was reffering to LAN mode. Is LAN mode possible on the P1P?

1 Like

If you never want to update the printer firmware or use the printer camera…

LAN mode in P1P is still in developing.

1 Like

Is there a way to update firmware manually without connecting to the cloud?

1 Like

I am sorry, there is no other way to update firmware except through cloud.