Firmware upgrade path for P1P to P1S

If you have firmware 01.05.00.00 (beta) you find it on the machine, under accesories.

Thank you the only place I didn’t look I never use the screen now I have the Xtouch lol

Did that actually fix the problem with the " The printer type selected when generating *G-Code is not consistent with the currently selected printer" error popping up?

I’m still getting the error, but I might have missed something

Have you updated to firmware version v1.5 and changed the printer type setting in the display menu?

2 Likes

Yes the printer’s current firmware is 1.5, and I verified that on the printer, and selected “upgraded enclosure” in the accessories menu on the device.

The printer itself still says it’s a P1P, is there a place that I can change that?

I’m at the office right now and not at home but I appreciate the help

It will still say its a P1P, it just wont cause the popup error when sending a print.

1 Like

Having the same problems here .
And bad prints all the time since the update.

2 Likes

Besides having upgraded to a FW version that supports the P1S upgrade kit toggle, you must also be running a newer version of Bambu Studio or OrcaSlicer to avoid the popup notice.

any update on this matter ? I’m having a lot of failed prints and its all after the enclosure upgrade.

I have no popup when using the latest firmware and Bambu Studio versions.

1 Like

If you’ve set the “P1P Official Enclosure Kit” toggle to on, the printer now is a P1S in every sense. You need to now slice all prints under P1S not P1P or you’ll get the incorrect g-code message, & you wont get the benefit of the aux parts cooling & chamber temperature fans.

3 Likes

where is the toggle? Maybe I’m just not seeing it.

As detailed in the Wiki

After the P1P Enclosure Kit has been successfully installed, please do the following settings on the P1P:
Click “Accessories” → “official enclosure kit” → “Upgraded”.

4 Likes

You know its almost embarrassing when the answer is starting you right in the face!
Thanks again Jon!

1 Like

Is there any calibration differences between the P1P and the P1S? I still only have the same two I had before.

There is no difference in calibration.