First Benchy printed with Bambu Lab X1 & CHT Nozzle

Might consider buying one of these if they fix the lenght issue. Would be nice to not be limited to BambuLab nozzles. I’ve also seen reports of BambuLab nozzles coming apart, that probably wouldn’t happen with this one.

2 Likes

@Mikki79 I have received the hotend on Saturday with the nozzle they have already inserted (0.4mm). Assembled the whole thing which went quite easy and added the new hotend back to the printer. Which was also quite easy. Then started to print and everything works fine, incl. height of the entire assembly. I have ordered a CHT clone from Aliexpress as well. Awaiting delivery. In order to use mainstream nozzles it will be required to swap the nozzle cleaning stuff at the end of the printer… This is available with printables. Print quality apparently little better, surprinsingly I am now also able to use PETG which created problems before. Happy for the moment.

1 Like

Stock nozzle can also hit +30 mm3

Yes it can. I just did a Flow Rate test in SoftFever’s Studio (OrcaSlicer) and ran PC up to 30 mm3 and could not break the layers at all. That was .6mm nozzle.

There was a slight surface change (a tiny bit cloudy) beyond 25 mm3 but other than that, perfect.

3 Likes

Cool Mod,

am i correct that the clone nozzles only come in brass and not hardened steel?
i like to be able to print pc - cf with the hotend.

Here they talk about hardened nozzles https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004943013428.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.57.1a9878b8K9wBU2&algo_pvid=56059c38-c8e6-4dee-a831-69ddfb705e66&algo_exp_id=56059c38-c8e6-4dee-a831-69ddfb705e66-28&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000031784783181"}&pdp_npi=3%40dis!EUR!30.28!30.28!!!!!%4021224e9b16787265781981142d074d!12000031784783181!sea!DE!2731502676&curPageLogUid=BHcUH6P38NKi

2 Likes

Those aren’t of the cht type, but ‘regular’ nozzles.

Thanks anyway!

Apparently you can also buy them from Amazon.de - just ordered 2 of them - that’s gonna be interesting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone got some news about a hardened CHT clone nozzle ? (for the bambu lab, please don’t point existing hardened CHT that don’t fit well into the clone hotend)

1 Like

Interesting explanation that may help some unconvinced understanding why CHT nozzles are great improvement, this is also a comparaison between the official Bondtech & Aliexpress clones.

5 Likes

Amazon US has 3 different sellers with the CHT Clone hotend. $30 +/-. No variety pack of nozzles however to be found - brass or hardened steel. Tempted to try with the larger nozzles and spin them up in my lathe or mill to get the head reduced to fit.

Well I am pretty confident that they will sell a hardened nozzle soon, like I was confident before that they will make a CHT for bambu lab clone hotend, this is only a question of weeks or couple of months, please dont forget to post a link when they will do that :slight_smile:

Tempted to try with the larger nozzles and spin them up in my lathe or mill to get the head reduced to fit.

Not convinced that this will work as well as current clone that are fully inside the heated block, but who know…

2 Likes

Its the same thread, just the wrench flats are significantly smaller thus mill down the flats to countersink into the hot end.

If there is too much thread, then same thing applies. I can reverse engineer with them as well.

Even make my own out of 440 stainless, A2 tool steel…what ever I wanted. Just those itty bitty nozzle sizes are a PITA. Need an EDM that I don’t have. Drilling 440ss or A2 with a .010 drill is begging to break off inside if not on entry.

2 Likes

Huu, I would love to have one of this thing, this is so amazing

I got mine from Amazon.de in the beginning of the week and the upgrade works great.

On the p1p I installed it as is, with the nozzle that came with it.
On the X1C I shortened the heat break with a couple of millimetres, in order to use standard mk6 nozzles. A bit of a hazzle and had to chamfer and shorten the metal just above the heater, so it didn’t touch the heat sink. But it works great.

Did some flow-testing with standard 0,6 nozzle + 0,6 vanadium from slice + 0,6 CHT from Bondtech.

• Bambu worked okay up to 34 mm3/s - under extrusion showed slightly from 27 mm3/s.
  • Vanadium began to show slight under extrusion at around 20 mm3/s. And not so pretty a maximum 34mm3/s.
  • CHT didnt show any under extrusion at the test max at 34 mm3/s

Tested with ecoPla matte white from 3djake.

So I guess unless you want to print with really big nozzle in vase mode, the standard solution will do just fine for most users. But I would like to test the CHT at even higher flowrates.

1 Like

Unfortunately for the Bambulab hotend, the official Bondtech CHT nozzle give worse results than the CHT clone from Aliexpress, you should give it a try. At least in my experience, I tried both.

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005005246470567.html

EDIT: I use now exclusively PLA+ from eSun, I did not found yet another brand that make as good PLA filaments, but I obviously not tried all, if someone know good PLA+ brand ?

1 Like

Yes I also saw Stefans video on it: $2 Aliexpress Knock-Off better than Original? - YouTube
Wil surely give a try :slight_smile:

I want to try the eSun pla, but I do prefer matte filaments for most projects.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for sharing your hard work! :+1:

I had come to this conclusion but it was guessing, great to see actual proof.

I use that VFA test for my all filament profiles, it’s nice to be able to know what the limits are for each one.
Just ran a simple 1 hr 42 min print in Ludacris mode after complete tuning of Polymaker PolyMax and it finished in 1:03 with flawless result. Nice savings.

User name matches too … :wink:

1 Like

:slight_smile:

A bit late Stefan :wink:

EDIT: ho :slight_smile: just noticed that he put a link to this thread, cool

3 Likes

eSun Matte 0.4 CHT clone nozzle @240C flow test:
45 mm3/s until first visible defects!
Stock nozzle at the same settings was able to push 32 mm3/s.
I think I do not need 0.6 nozzle at all.

40-60 mm3/s on top of 20-40 mm3/s:

2 Likes