First layer Bambu Lab A1 mini

What could go wrong?

Is this a rhetorical question?

I think we need more information.

This looks like a build plate that requires cleaning.

Perform a single-layer test and clean your build-plate if the quality is poor.

I use warm water and soap. If it requires a deeper clean, then use isopropanol.

Always thoroughly rinse and dry the build plate afterwards.

2 Likes

I recently had a brim stuck solidly to my build plate. Nothing I normally do would get it off. I stuck it into the freezer for a few minutes and it slid right off no effort at all.

So, from now on, if I get something stuck on my build plate I am just tossing it in the freezer until it just slides off.

(After it is off, wash the plate with dish soap and water.)

You must have had that welded on then for the freezer trick to fix it.

I am the same, whenever anything goes wrong I just throw it in the freezer, build plate issue, in the freezer, and accidentally kill a friend, in the freezer.

1 Like

Knowing that freezer trick has me temped to pull out my Bambu Silk filaments again. If they get stuck again, just toss the plate in the freezer.

I really like those Silk filaments, but I had some crazy adhesion issues with them (not getting them off the plate.)

You skipped straight after the “friend in the freezer” comment, fair enough.

Between BL silk killing building plates and some types with oval shapes not going through AMS units, it isn’t the best advert for the BL silk ranges.

True enough.

(I skipped the friend comment because what you do in your spare time is on you. Here we are discussing 3D printing, so unless your printer killed your friend, I didn’t see it as relevant :wink: )

1 Like

Thank you. I’m just a beginner, I recently purchased my first printer.

We have all been where you are and through doing something dumb, we will feel like a newbie again.

We are all learning as we go.

I am glad it helped.