First layer failing. Filament dangling?

1. Dangling Filament after pruge cycle. Develops slowly.
  2. First layer failed trying to print “Cute Elephant” from Makerworld with Bambu Lab PLA Matt filament.

Equipment: A1 + AMS ( printed about 2 kg of filament so far)

1)The dangle develops after the print famished. Sometime it also shows up when changing filaments with AMS Lite after the purge cycle.
Photo:

I noticed when starting the print that a small pierce of filament is dangling on the nozzle when it goes through z-axis checking.

1. Then this happens:

I’m not sure if the dangling filament is the root cause or the print result has different reason.

1. How do I stop the dangling filament?
  2. reasons for the print failure.
1 Like

It looks more like you have adhesion issues filament to the bedplate, try washing your build plate with warm water and dish soap. Make sure to rinse all the soap off the plate and then dry the plate with a paper towel. Try print the item again if this does not work for you get some glue stick and spread it evenly over your build plate and try again.

1 Like

If you’ve printed 2kg of filament w/o washing the plate, you are past due for washing it.

I posted this recommendation on maintaining the gold PEI plates

1 Like

Thanks. I will flow your instructions because they make sense.
I cleaned the plate with 99% alcohol. And always wait until plate is cooled to room temperature. So far had no problems with thing coming off
easy
Still looking for an explanation o& the oozing filament dangle.

Drop you extruder temperature 2 degrees at a time and see what happens with the oozing and if it affects print quality. Use a small test object for printing so you don’t waste a lot of filament. Sometimes it’s either pressure advance, or nozzle temp (or both). The issue with BL is they’ve made things SO easy for the end user, that the differences in individual printers is often not considered.

I had one BL Basic spool that didn’t like the default settings on my P1S, and a 3 degree reduction in temperature fixed the oozing. It wasn’t moisture as I’d even dried it with no improvement. Go figure.

Will test.
sometimes it also happens during color change that the ooze is so strong that it connects well to the poop. it then drags the poop to the Stack and it sticks on it. …no damage done. happens in long prints (>12 hours)

same problem. help!!

Welcome to the forum. The answer is in the tread.

3 Likes