First layer inspection on new update

Hello,

Ive just updated to the latest firmware on the X1 Carbon, as of last night.
I am using the cool plate, so not the textured plate and I get a message saying the first layer inspection is not supported for current print. I sent the print file from Bambu studio, but imported it from a .STEP, exported from fusion 360. I don’t understand why I’m getting this message when I believe it should be able to do first layer inspection. Can anyone shed light on it?? Thanks

Joshua.

1 Like

I have the same problem since the last update. I reported it in the message announcing the release of the new version.
I print with the cool plate a PLA+ from eSun (so no problem with a textured plate).
At each print with the cool plate I get the message that the function is not supported for this print.
I have just launched two other prints, one with ABS on engineering plate and the other with PETG still on engineering plate and for these two prints I had no error message.

1 Like

Hi,
i’ve got the same problem.

on the cool plate with prusament!

BR
Manuel

There is a new version (Beta) of Bambu Studio and it should solve the problem but I have not yet been able to test (printing in progress).
Take a look here : https://github.com/bambulab/BambuStudio/releases (just after the change log you can find Assets with install programs)

1 Like

I was having the same problem with the same plate after the update. Solved my issues by giving the plate a thorough clean with detergent and water. Reapplied glue layer and it’s printed flawlessly since then.

Not sure whether it will help in your case but worth a try

1 Like

In my case this did not help! Are there any news about this problem?

1 Like

Having this problem with a new out of the box x1c with the cool plate and one layer of glue. Started with print 1 and persists since then. So I hope this is a bug. Because cleaning a new build plate will not work.

I am assuming you have the correct build plate type specified in the slicer.

Are you on Bambu Studio build 1.5.061?

I haven’t had any issues with the latest fw and the slicer when using cool plate.

I do get the message for the textured pei plate.

yup. v1.5.0.61, Bed Type: “Cool Plate”, Nozzle: “Bambu Lab X1 Carbon 0.4 nozzle”. Filament is the included Bambu PLA Basic. I have not brought my old filaments into play yet. I also ensure that the plate is correctly in place and not crooked or bent or warped or anything. Funny thing is that the last print didn’t have this problem. But the first 5 prints had this error. I ordered a PEI-Plate as well but I only plan on using it later for other filament types other than PLA. Since PEI is listed as “temporary” in terms of non-working FLI I hope it will be supported soon-ish.

I would probably recommend opening a support issue.

Only other thing I can think of is cleaning the lidar sensor. See this for cleaning. HMS_0C00_0100_0001_0004: Micro Lidar Lens dirty | Bambu Lab Wiki

1 Like

I will if it does happen again. For some reason it was gone after the fifth print and didn’t re-appear again yet. I do like 2-3 prints/day and until now all good. Didn’t change anything. At least nothing that I know of and use 4 totally different filaments interchangingly. So thanks for now :slight_smile: