Fix Model feature for Mac

Will the ‘Fix Model’ feature be implemented for Mac in the future in Studio?

7 Likes

I’d like to know this too - we should get feature parity.

3 Likes

I too am a IMac user and would like to think that the Mac version of Studio would be update the same a Windows.

2 Likes

I use an iMac as well so it sure would be nice to have that feature!

1 Like

I personally don’t believe that models that require this fix should be allowed to be listed on Makerworld. I have to ask a friend who owns a Windows machine to run the fix for me. Very annoying, inconvenient and embarrassing.

You guys need to read this thread about this mac problem.

1 Like

This person says he has Windows and it worked fine for him. The ones I sliced on my Mac using Studio and have printed all had voids until repaired in Windows.

Frankly, there is no good reason why this could not be implemented on the Mac. Sure, it would require some different programming, but considering a lot of CAD software works just fine on Macs, Bambu should be able to fix it. I don’t know if they rushed it to market or just laziness on the part of the developers, but it should be doable. This has been out long enough that it should be working now. Heck, even the Hueforge designer made a Mac version.

The non-manifold edges problem is a fault of the modeling software, not a Studio problem, not Bambu’s responsibility to fix. Bambu did not create a repair tool only for Windows and neglect Macs. Windows currently has several standard 3D tools that a Mac lacks. Studio just accesses those tools to fix the models, a much simpler procedure than developing their own fix for an OS that has less 3D support.

So why does BBL/Makerworld allow faulty models on their site?

I have a mac and use tinker cad. If I see this message I delete STL and re download as an Object file and so far problem has gone away. I then export as STL from slicer if I want.

Because even if a file is shown as non-manifold, it doesn’t guarantee it won’t print, it depends on the individual model.