Four day old X1C Y axis low

My brand new X1C is shifting layers at the same spot on every print regardless of filament choice (including freshly opened Bambu PLA). I get an error message " The resonance frequency Y axis is low. The timing belt may be loose [0300 1100 0002 0001 1227 02]." This started after updating firmware yesterday to 01.06.00.00. I have done the belt tensioning procedure 15 times, calibrated, self test and factory reset. Still have the problem. HELP!

2 Likes

You should contact support as it’s a pretty new machine to make sure everything else is alright.

However, you can try the tensioning procedure again with a slight modification, where you tighten the belt a bit more. You loosen the adjuster screws, square the toolhead (put it in a corner) and instead of tightening it as it is, you put a bit of tension on the adjuster so that the belt gets a bit tighter. Don’t overdo it, the belt should NOT be as tight as a string, just not loose. You can compare the two belts to see whether one of them has different tension, try getting them to the similiar tightness.

Thanks! Heading to work now but will try this afternoon

I’m getting the same “resonance frequency” error on my newly X1C out of the box. Calibration shows no error. But it’ll come up once trying to print.
Also did my first Benchie print test was a failure. Looks like someone sliced my Benchie in half.
Now all i get is bunch of ooze and spaghetti when trying to print my second Benchie. But the beginning test calibration lines around the board edge is fine.
What gives???

I’d already tried the tension adjustment from Bambu’s video instructions.

1 Like

I received my X1C yesterday, Spent last night putting it together, updated to the latest firmware, I also received the Y axis low timing belt might be loose. I could not get any of the files from the display to work. I switched to Bambu Studio application, and I had great success downloading files from printables. I am using the Green PLA filament that came with the printer with AMS. The black PLA-CF kept breaking when I tried it, something is wrong with the spool, the black filament is wrapped ultra tight, tried to switch filaments in the AMS, not much luck, still learning.

I also loosened the bolts for the tension adjustment many times, and cleaned the carbon rods with a cloth, did not help. Although when I run calibration on its own, it runs successfully, Only when I try to print from the display it fails with the Y axis error.

Got the Y axis error pretty much immediately after installing the newest firmware.

I tried the fix suggested by zviratko. I really appreciate the post! unfortunately it didn’t work for me. Other’s on this thread have the same experience after the firmware update on 8/2. I’d like to add that I am a professional musician and when I pluck the belts when the print head is centered, It is the same note, almost no difference in pitch, This tells me it is an issue with the firmware update ALSO because I had three days of perfect prints after receiving it new. It failed after the update. Is it possible firmware updates cause problems with some machines and not others?

Have you rebooted after the update some people were having different issues until after they rebooted.

You mean turn off and on again? That didn’t work but thanks! Is there a reboot process other than factory reset?

Turning it on and off is what I am talking about.

Yes…I tried it. Thank you for trying to help!

Turning ON/OFF don’t fix the issue for me.
Also I’d noticed my second Benchie sample test print gets shifted (sliced) at the same height.

Have you tried falling back to the old firmware to verify its the firmware?

1 Like

Great idea. I didn’t know it was possible to revert to old firmware. Do you know how I do that?

I haven’t done it myself, when I get off work tonight I will find out how and let you know.

Getting the same error on my brand new X1C out of the box. My benchy looks like yours. Like cut in half. Tried to tension it, but doesnt help. I updated to new firmware directly, so i havnt tried it with the stock firwmare.

Problem solved!. Thank you for the suggestion, Silver118822! I used the Handy app to downgrade to the previous firmware version and the problem went away. No more Y axis error message and perfect prints again. I will let the folks at Bambu know

4 Likes