Four day old X1C Y axis low

Thank you Roderman.
I’d just successfully downgraded it, and the Benchie printed fine now. But now i get an error about “filament exposure metering failed” during first layer inspection.
But before my downgrade, i took a chance of upgrading 1.06 to 1.06.01.
The resonance error was still there and my Benchie sample was still got sliced in half.
So i wouldn’t upgrade it yet.
Thanks for your help.

@what2print THANKS for letting me know you still had issues with 06.01! Glad I didn’t chance it.

For the laser problem, clean the laser windows with IPA and a q-tip maybe.
Did you recently switch filaments? Maybe it’s non-reflective.

Thanks for the laser tip.
As for the filament, I’m still using the green included one from Bambu.

Howdy Chipporter,

I was so happy with my first X1CC so I purchased a second that arrived 7 weeks ago.

My new printer is layershifting, so I started a thread about layershifting.
Tried both printers with different .stl’s and lo and behold…

Now B O T H printers started layershitting @ the same layer height,
my first X1CC layershifts 60mm from build plate
second X1CC layershifts 45mm from build plate

I am at a total loss…
Certified noob greenhorn with zeron screwing skills, barely own a screwdriver…

I am where u @, done the service on first printer, belt tensioning several times, done self test asf
Still have the wonderful layershift eating up my expensive filament rolls, no prints to show for it (none I wanna show) and it is just a total disaster.
And I dont have a clue how to fix them :confused:

Is this happening because I took out a second loan and purchased another, now neither works…

Hello,

For the everyone abowe - I have the same issu, but the scenario is:

1. Bougth new printer X1.
  2. Print benchy - OK.
  3. Update.
  4. Print benchy - fail with shift.

And I found the reason => the problem is that we try to print old benchy model sliced on old machine parameters version, if I sclice benchy manually from bambu studio and print => the result is perfect.
So the solution - do not use prefabricate models any more, find the STL, slice and then print.

ps. I also use bambu studio with newer version

6 Likes

Problem solved!. Thank you for the suggestion, Silver118822! I used the Handy app to downgrade to the previous firmware version and the problem went away. No more Y axis error message and perfect prints again. I will let the folks at Bambu know

Use your Bambu Handy app and downgrade the firmware to 01.05.02.00. It will fix the issue. Hopefully Bambu will address this soon.

Thanks for the info! I had the SAME issue and downgraded the firmware to fix the issue. No errors now.

Same. Downgraded firmware fixed the main issue.

Just set this up yesterday and upgraded firmware during setup, so no benchy print ever worked. I was able to print the scraper. Also got Y belt warning immediately, re-tensioning didn’t change anything. Same as others above. Was starting to think I’d made a huge mistake w/ this purchase. Still had some issues after downgrading. Had to flip to engineering plate w/ serious glue stick before layer 1 would behave. Even so it’s a little dodgy on that first layer but it works so I’m happy for now. Beautiful machine.

Try to Downgrade again to Version 1.05.01.00. Then the first Layer will be much better and the parts will stick much better to the plate. I had this problem in May with the Version 1.05.02.00, after the Downgrade to 1.05.01.00 the problems were gone.

1 Like

Here’s what Bambu had so say about this. I am going to update to the latest firmware and try printing something that isn’t an internal print.

"Hello, thank you for contacting Bambu Lab Support.
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your first prints.
Rest assured we will work to resolve the issue as fast as possible.

This is a firmware bug when printing the internal models and will be fixed as soon as possible. Please ensure the printer is on a stable hard surface like a counter or the floor.

Next, the belts may need tensioning, please follow this guide) and ensure the tensioners move, as shown at the 16-second mark in the video on the page.

Then do a fresh calibration from the menu as seen below"

I can confirm the problem in the new firmware is related to printing the models that came with the printer. After upgrading to the latest firmware I downloaded a Benchy and it printed perfectly.

1 Like

Have you tried it in drop D :slight_smile:

just installed my 1st x1c.
cool plate and glue, out of the box BL green pla…impossible to stick to the plate
at the same time Y1 axis low showing every time I try to print…
the machine arrived with 1.03 firmware, installed 1.06.01 and unable to print

changed to aliexpress textured pei, downgraded to 1.05.01 and boom…the magic begins!
everything perfect, fastest machine (I own several printer, fastest is ender 3s1pro with sonic pad) I own, great quality.
bought the BL feet but instead I used simple antivibration pad for washing machine, a singke pad cutbin 4 pieces, no vibration on my desk, sound is acceptable, maybe some rubber around glasses and around AMS could be useful.
End of the day…the xc1 is a great performer!

Hi,

Extra info - do not use the green delivered PLA, You can find the info in internet => this filament is not suitable for printing. I know, it’s free and ready with printer, but please, do not use it, use any other with good quality. And the printing process wil be like dream :slight_smile:

I have no idea what you are talking about. The included green filament is the very same „PLA Basic“ in „Bambu Green“ you can purchase at their store. It prints just as fine as every other color of this kind. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

While trying the “tension adjustment” I accidentally let one of the screws come all the way out. I quickly put it back in. Have I broken my printer?

No but DADGAD worked

Downgrading to 1.05.01 fixed my out-of-the-box 2-day-old printer. Thanks so much for the posts here.