Four day old X1C Y axis low

just installed my 1st x1c.
cool plate and glue, out of the box BL green pla…impossible to stick to the plate
at the same time Y1 axis low showing every time I try to print…
the machine arrived with 1.03 firmware, installed 1.06.01 and unable to print

changed to aliexpress textured pei, downgraded to 1.05.01 and boom…the magic begins!
everything perfect, fastest machine (I own several printer, fastest is ender 3s1pro with sonic pad) I own, great quality.
bought the BL feet but instead I used simple antivibration pad for washing machine, a singke pad cutbin 4 pieces, no vibration on my desk, sound is acceptable, maybe some rubber around glasses and around AMS could be useful.
End of the day…the xc1 is a great performer!

Hi,

Extra info - do not use the green delivered PLA, You can find the info in internet => this filament is not suitable for printing. I know, it’s free and ready with printer, but please, do not use it, use any other with good quality. And the printing process wil be like dream :slight_smile:

I have no idea what you are talking about. The included green filament is the very same „PLA Basic“ in „Bambu Green“ you can purchase at their store. It prints just as fine as every other color of this kind. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

While trying the “tension adjustment” I accidentally let one of the screws come all the way out. I quickly put it back in. Have I broken my printer?

No but DADGAD worked

Downgrading to 1.05.01 fixed my out-of-the-box 2-day-old printer. Thanks so much for the posts here.

The bug in the new firmware only has issues with the with the internal models that came with the printer. You can update to the latest firmware and print anything perfectly as long as you don’t print the internal models. Do you understand?

I understand. The downgrade also got rid of the “tension belt Y axis” error that kept popping up without even selecting a model (internal or external).

Oh…I didn’t know about that. I was just going on what Bambu told me and what worked for me. Hopefully they’ll fix that in the next firmware.

Agreed! Thank you so much for your contributions here. It really helps the community.

I also will report that I ordered an XIC last Monday and just got it today (1 week turn around which is good).

Upon setting it up it asked me to upgrade the firmware for both the printer and ams (which I did). The firmware I upgraded to was 01.06.01.00.

The filament I got as a sample was the green PLA.

First print was a benchy.
In that first print I saw

• “The resonance frequency of the y axis is low…” warning
  • the first layer be pretty rough,
  • A pretty bad print failure due to layer shifting. I definitely heard the belts slip.

Next steps I took were

• I tensioned the belts following the official Bambu guide.
  • I sliced a new benchy, downloaded it from printables and sliced on Bambu studio.

The second print had

• No “y axis resonance frequency is low….” warning
  • a greatly improved first layer
  • no layer shifting causing a failed print.
  • A really high quality benchy with zero defects at all

Nonsense, the green PLA prints perfectly fine. The issue is with printing the models that come with the machine, if you slice a new model and print that, the issue doesn’t persist. Bambu has even told this a few posts above.

3 Likes

Hi there,
Frist of all i would like to say thank you for the posts here.
I am having the same issues described above with my brand new x1c.
Got it yesterday, first updated to newest fw and printed the benchy from fw.
Layershifting any y belt tensioning error…
I am pretty sure, that the belts are ok.

Are there any news from bambu support?
My fw version is 01.06.01.00

1 Like

I got my printer yesterday, installed the new firmware during setup (01.06.01.00) and was having the y axis low error too. Did the belt tightening procedure but that didnt help.

I then tried some prints but had bed adhesion issues with the benchy (coolplate with gluestick) the scraper did work fine though. When I got a benchy to stick after a few tries and a thicker layer of gluestick, I got layer shifts and ghosting plus I heard belt skipping sounds. After that I sliced a benchy from printables myself through the slicer and that was pretty much perfect. However I still got the Y axis belt error…

This morning I downgraded the firmware to 01.05.01.00 and now the Y axis problem is gone and the printer prints and sounds better. Will do some more prints to confirm if its stable now but downgrading the firmware and slicing my own files as apposed to using the presliced ones on the printer definitely helped!

1 Like

Do not print the pre sliced models with the latest FW. This is now a known issue.

1 Like

I wonder if the people who are posting in this topic have even bothered to read the posts that clearly describe the issue about pre sliced models using current FW. I started this topic and posted the solution but people still don’t seem informed. Thanks for commenting GuyH77.

2 Likes

Yea, after I downgraded the firmware this beast of a printer is printing beautifully.

1 Like