Frequent nozzle jams on 1 of 7 printers

I’ve been battling a mysterious problem with frequent nozzle jams on one particular printer. I have 4 P1Ps, 2 P1Ss, and 1 X1C. My printers print almost all the time.

On one of the P1Ps I keep getting nozzle jams. Over the last 6 weeks I’ve replaced the nozzle three times. Meanwhile the other printers almost never have jams, and the X1C in particular is two years old and has never had a problem with the nozzle. I print exclusively with Paramount PETG, print temp 255C.

Whenever a nozzle jams, no amount of cold pulls or trying to clear out the jam will result in a usable nozzle. Even if I get filament to manually flow out of the nozzle, trying to print with it results in very inconsistent and ugly/unusable prints. I have also tried putting the jammed (but cleaned) nozzle on anther machine but the same bad prints come out. So this is definitely a nozzle problem, not the extruder.

I’m at a loss for why one printer would be so bad about this while the others have no problems. Any thoughts as to why this might be happening?

maybe it’s not an issue with the printer but the filament you have been printing with. Is it the same spool of filament or have you tried at least two different spools?

I mentioned that I print exclusively with Paramount PETG and since I print so much this happens over several different spools. Also, all printers are printing the same filament, but only this one printer gets jammed.

What about a bad thermistor? It could be reporting the incorrect temp. When you replace the nozzle, do you replace the entire assembly, or just the nozzle?

Thanks, that will be the next thing I try. It certainly appeared to be working correctly but I’ll change the thermistor and see what happens.

If you keep replacing nozzles something else is going on.
Go hereCLOGS and watch videos 2 + 3.
I would try those tests in the videos when it jams so you can pinpoint the issue and replace part.
I had this issue turned out to be a bad bearing in the extruder gear. The one that touches the spring.