Future Product Speculation

I know it has only been 6 months since the X1 Series was announced. With how quickly Bambu Labs is running; we know there will be another printer model on the way in the next year or two.

What are some features everyone is looking to see in their next printer, and how might they retain all of the benefits of the X1 series in these new designs?

I think they will be heavily researching how to build a larger build volume printer that can retain the same printing speed and accelerations of the X1, hopefully adding in ethernet, and possibly a higher temp extruder.

One thing that I can see will differentiate Bambu however is having a very limited offering of printer models, unlike that other printer company that seems to sell dozens of different models of their Bender 3 printer :rofl: .

Thought it would be interesting to start this discussion in the official forums.

2 Likes

I think the 3 key areas they could expand in to following the X1 are a multi-tool printer, larger build volume, heated/high temp chamber/print capability.

1 Like

I would say larger build volume, possibly actively heated chamber, and some updates to the AMS (maybe active drying)

2 Likes

I hope they are able to get enough revenue from their X1 series to fund the expanded development of new models. A more industrial high performance system would sell very well if they can match the speeds of the X1.

1 Like

I know im kinda late in the game on this post but, im hoping at least a larger build volume printer is available soon (within next year) and even if its now as fast as the x1 or p1p as long as its faster then whats available now, is as easy to use as the x1 and p1p, and delivers the same quality prints im in. I really want a larger build volume printer but also really want core xy. been using Cartesian printers long enough to understand that bed slinging back and forth has been the culprit of many failed prints (at least for me). Yeah I could build a rat rig or voron but i just dont want to, the things involved just arent fun to me, not that they are bad printers. its highly tempting to buy that new elegoo neptune3 max at its price point but there is the issue of the bed im just not a fan of…

1 Like

I have had my X1C for about 2 weeks, and I am in love!!! It has been printing almost non stop since coming out of the box, and I have had to do NOTHING!!! No failed prints, no nozzle jams. So far the unit has been faultless. All I want from Bambu is to make a bigger build volume, and maybe incorporate a dryer in the AMS. But that’s it. The machine runs rings around my old printer which I gave up on due to the countless failed prints.

I am happy with my X1C it’s the first printer working as expected without problems.
There is only one important thing they need to improve the AMS to take bigger spools.
And add an automatic external spool handling if we use bigger spools or TPU it should feed in filament from external spool. Maybe there is a need for a motor an multiplexer port.

1 Like

Larger volume circa 500mm or a belt bed like the cr-30? for long parts. Active drying in the AMS.

IDEX with AMS

Bigger, solid, flat build plate.

1 Like