G-Code thumbnails

Hi,
for better support of 3rd party printers and to bring users to switch to your eco system, please add the thumbnail feature from PS and SS as well to the Studio.

Klipper and OctoPrint use that and that is great.

4 Likes

I second this. Support for “Ultimaker Format Package (.ufp)” is a necessity!

In Bambu Studio you can set the picture that gets displayed on the printer in Project → Pictures. Is that what you’re looking for?

1 Like

3mf supports all of the features ufp does and more, plus it has the distinct advantage of being an open standard. Why would you want to step back to the Ultimaker format?

Sounds like it! I haven’t gotten my printer yet, so still learning about what everything can do. Can’t wait!

No, I’m not talking about the feature for the Bambu own printers.
I’m talking of other printers, that use gcode for that.
In SoftFever it is implemented.

I agree I installed Bambu Studio while waiting for the X1CC to arrive to get familiar with it. I used the Creality Ender 3 v2 as a printer as it us close to my S1 Pro. All works except when I load the gcode in Octoprint there isn’t a picture of the print. I searched and searched and did not see any place to implement this feature.

Try to use the OrcaSlicer from here: GitHub - SoftFever/OrcaSlicer: G-code generator for 3D printers (Bambu, Prusa, Voron, Creality, etc.)
It’s a fork of Bambu Studio with better Third party printer support and more calibration tools. I used this with my Ender 3 and got the gcode Thumbnails in OctoPrint.

Sorry but proposing a 3rd party product is not improoving the inital product nor a solutuion of an issue with it.
If someone in the P1P area of the forum is asking for an issue withit, you also not answer “use the Prusa”.

BS offers 3rd party printers in the settings. And the should be eliminated or done in a proper way.

@the0bone, sorry, the comment was directed to @Gramps, because he’s using an Ender 3. And the second is, that OrcaSlicer is a fork, which helps Bambu Lab to improve their own Bambu Studio. So if more users give feedback about a good 3rd party printer implementation in OrcaSlicer, this could Bambu Lab motivate to merge these implementation back into Bambu Studio. So in these case proposing the 3rd party product can improve the initial product, I think.
Anyway, at the moment I think that Bambu Lab has other topics to concentrate on than improve integration of 3rd party printers into Bambu Studio.

1 Like

Like the OG, I too am awaiting delivery of my new P1S and am trying tofigure out the BamBu Studio on my Creality CR10-V3. Everything works great, I can see the thumbnail on my Sonic Pad screen, but it is S M A L L, like 1/8". How can I make it larger?