Gap Infill Anomaly

I have a weird situation I just encountered.

I was about to print the following file (Tier.stl) and this is how it looks during prepping…

And this is what it looks like after slicing…

Those two white horizontal bars all of a sudden appear. Bambu identifies them as “Gap Infill”…

I’ve tried redownloading the file, changing every setting that I think might apply, but nothing makes them go away. I’m not sure if something will try to print there or not so I want to exhaust all troubleshooting before I take the plunge.

My settings are default .20mm Standard @BBLX1C.

Any ideas?

Change slice gap closing radius to 0.001 for classic wall generator or switch to arachne it will go away.

The stl file is ok :+1:

1 Like

Here is what happens when changing “Slice gap closing radius” to “.001” with “Classic” wall generator…

However, here is what happens when “Slice gap closing radius” set to default and “Arachne” for wall generator…

So, I guess Arachne it is. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

Any idea what was causing that?

What infill percentage are you using and how many walls ?

1 Like

All default…15% infill, 2 walls.

Try slicing with 100% infill and 3 walls

Might take longer than Arachne generator but looking at the model it should be about the same (maybe 5 more minutes)

1 Like

Just sliced with 100% infill and 3 walls. Same result…

…and 10 minutes longer (from 47 minutes to 57).

Ok :+1: I’m also using the newest Orca slicer 1.6.3 beta so they must be working on this do to working on my end but classic still has the bug and needs 0.001

1 Like

Weird

I’m on Orca 1.6.2 as well but it shouldn’t make a difference

I never use Classic always Arachne and have precise walls selected

But that’s in Orca not Bambu Studio so I’m not sure how the newest BS looks

I’ve read there’s a few bugs in the newest Bambu Studio so I’ll wait to see what gets ironed out

In the meantime my back up is BS is 1.04.01

1 Like

Hows .3 Orca ?

I didnt know there was a new release

Beta still ?

1 Like

Only reason I stopped using Orca for a bit is because BS added the connectors to cutting. It saves a lot of time compared to doing it in meshmixer. Does 1.6.3 Orca have that added yet?

Yes they have added connectors :grinning:

1 Like