Gloss variation of the printed model

hello all, I have a problem with my x1C, when I print the models have a high gloss in the lower part and less after 0.5 cm.

hello all, I have a problem with my x1C, when I print the models have a high gloss in the lower part and less after 0.5 cm.

Hi there,

a bit more information would be nice for easier troubleshooting. I assume that print with a silk material (PLA?).

This material is more sensitive to a constant temperature at the melding zone. That means, even you can print with different speed and it works, it can be that due to speed differences the material has different times within the extruder and therefore slightly different temperature.

I suggest that you have a look on the speed values in and depending on the look you want to achieve lower the max volumetric flow (therefore increase the time of the filament in the extruder) or up the temp a bit.

What also could help to identify the ideal look could be to print the max-flow rate calibration

1 Like

hello, thank you very much for your support, I’m currently using pla+ from Sunlu, this problem had never arisen until today so I don’t think it can be linked solely to the printing speed.

How can I calibrate the maximum extrusion flow with this printer? Is it automatic or is there a specific procedure?

The easiest way would be to use OrcaSlicer - as it has a build-in calibration for different values. It is also non-intrusive, you save it locally and run it from the local file (it will not impact BambuStudio etc).

After the max-flow calibration (and ideally also the temp-tower) you still have to look if there are area’s per print where the printer is slowed down due to small layers. Here again it can happen that the shininess looks a bit different.